OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im losing fish daily at this point. I lost my cleaner wrasse this morning, and the yellow tang looks to be next. I did a 40 percent water change this morning and im hoping that will help. I really can't say if its a water parameter or just a combo of all the stresses combined. Ich, along with moving them and a possible ammonia spike is what im thinking. I made a desperate move and moved the diamond goby into the nano, hoping that since he isn't as susceptible to ich that he might just be okay to live in there. Everybody is breathing heavy and I have to leave town. I feel like I have done evrything I can do, and that it was the right thing. That's the only thing keeping from going into a deep depression at this point...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add an airstone if you haven't. If it's ammonia you need to get some oxygen in there. If it's the ich, only the copper treatment will help turn that around. I sure hope things get better fast. It's devastating even hearing about it :(

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, one thing about running your tank fishless.....PODS! They are everywhere!

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow they are hanging in there. I had to add some sand to the hospital because my wrasse was apparently obsessed with the reflection on the bottom of the tank. I think adding the sand threw the tank into a cycle. So I am doing crazy water changes daily. No one is eating right now which bothers me, but it's probably due to the cycle. We'll see....

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chromis are eating again, the wrasse is still acting sketchy though.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one last week, and it sucks. It has not changed from the 'safe' color since adding it. And I had a pretty high spike at one point. The only thing saving the fish at this point is using "Prime" and WC's. I'm still getting readings of ammonia and nitrites, but the prime is detoxifying it. And I think they would have gone on to be higher, and peaked and the cycle would have finished, but all the water changes is arresting the process.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, since there are two parts to ammonia. NH3 and NH4. These wheel things can only detect NH3 I thought. Isn't that right?

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure Tina, I just know that it hasnt changed the entire time I've had it. And there was an obvious spike.

Bernie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went and opened my pie hole on page one, and now I've got an ich outbreak. I'm blaming the regal tang. I've gotten extremely lucky though and haven't lost a fish yet. All are eating and none seem lethargic... just some bumps and the occasional scratching and rubbing on the rocks and sand.

I've upped the nori and added a UV to the mix. Looking to maybe pick up some zoe or selcon to soak the nori in today.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 87 75.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back