Losing fish and hating it.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow bud. Very sorry wish I could help. What do you have left. If you need a hand Sunday I can help.

Don't you RBTA for your clowns. Nems can help fight off ich on clowns and other things.

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro does very little in the saltwater for our fish, plus add in the new resistant strain of ich and it does nothing. Contact the pharmacist at fishyfharmacy.com and they will help you out a bunch. If you have any issues ordering from them let me know I have an account setup with them.

Just my .02

It doesn't do anything in the water but it does in the fish;)

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow bud. Very sorry wish I could help. What do you have left. If you need a hand Sunday I can help.

Don't you RBTA for your clowns. Nems can help fight off ich on clowns and other things.

Thanks Zef, but I think Ive got 2 folks coming on Saturday morning, should be able to knock it out pretty quick.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang bro sorry to hear more fish are gone. c ya saturday. wish you woulda let me take some of those fish for you and put them in my 10gals for hypo treatments

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: All fish have been removed and are currently not liking their new surroundings. I plan on letting them adjust for a day or 2 before I start dosing the copper, and just make sure they are all eating first. My aquascape has once again been completely redone, and all the corals are back in the tank. I am covered in epoxy and super glue and my back hurts....

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011-11-05_20-48-57_194.jpg

2011-11-05_20-47-15_360.jpg

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
% New pile of rocks is 1000% better than previous. Looks awesome and the hard work will pay off. Are you going to run UV in the QT?

I can totally relate. Since august we have lost an anthia, blenny, bangaii cardinal and the pyramid butterfly. It has not been a pretty time here. I have NEVER had illness issues like this before. I had almost lost my Atlantic blue tang and Aussie black percula. Today the blue looks perfect and the clown is 90%.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really do hope all this work pays off. And right now I have the UV setup through my canister on my DT, but I might transfer it over soon. I just hope what's left of the fish will make it. So far it's not looking like one of my chromis is too happy. Really off color and not swimming, just kind of sitting. My wrasse found the tupper ware full of sand and buried himself, which was what I was hoping for. I put another tupper ware full of sand for my goby, and I'm planning on cutting some PVC in half and set it in the sand, hoping he will make a little burrow. I have yet to dose the copper, I want to make sure everyone is eating well first. This was advice given to me on the fact that copper can suppress the appetite and if they don't eat for the next 2-3 weeks that would not be good, and I am back to to testing for ammonia for the fist time in awhile.

Lindsey, I hate hearing that man. This has been a total nightmare, and really frustrating, so I'm right there with you man. I never had this happen to me back in my early years in the hobby. I am going to do things a lot different this time around as far restocking my fish. Slowly, and QTing them all for 4 weeks. I really don't want to go through this again. It's gonna be a long 9 weeks running fallow. Obviously this is the road less taken in the hobby, but I really don't want to just gamble any more and just "hope" they don't have or get something. I will do my part and observe them before from here on out....But then again, I could change my mind sometime down the road, but this is how I feel about it right now.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definately much better lots of flow and open bottom areas and caves for when u get to restocking tangs are gonna love those caves .. now you needa clear those racks and place all your corals .. i got a few ideas i think might be cool ill have to tell you when i drop off this portal :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back