Losing fish and hating it.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
np on the tubs..

but i'm not sure i'll be able to help catch them i've gotta study this weekend..

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can handle it by myself. Unless someone just wants to come over. Don't have to move the tank this time, so shouldn't be that big a deal.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have the 55 gallon up and running. I have not lost anymore fish at the moment. The yellow tang looks awful as do the clowns. But they are hanging in there. I installed the UV sterilizer and hope to receive my order in the next day or so. I ordered a sponge filter to add in combination the hang on the back filter that has filter floss type sponge block in it. I also have a new reliable eheim heater and salifert copper test and 2 bottles of cupramine on the way. I have to go out of town for work unfortunately til late Wed. So Thursday will probably be the day I start to transfer every fish over to the hospital tank.

Kevan, I might need to borrow your tubs again. I don't have a lot of confidence that I'm going to be able to catch all the fish in the fish trap. Because the clowns are in hiding and not eating real well.

lemme know if I can be of assistance.

fishdoc11

It's a hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, a member named c_stowers had a recipe for a I think a medicated fish food for fish with Ich. I remember gettin' some when I thought 1 of my fish had ich but turned out it wasn't ich. But the fish loved the food. Anyone know about this? Probably could find it if I try to dig it up on RC. But it was several years ago...

Steve
Chris got the recipe from me. It's basicaly metronidazole (~ 125 mg or half a regular 250 mg Flagyl) mixed with a little garlic, zoe and selcon in equal parts (the zoe and selcon are not essential but do help some IMO, the garlic is basically to disolve the metronidazole and mask the taste), just enough to disolve and soaked up with freeze dried brine shrimp. Stays good for a few days in the fridge. Feed 2 x a day until a week or so after you see the last ich outbreak is gone. The food is safe to use in a reef tank.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the recipe fishdoc. I will pick up some metronidazole tomorrow, I have all the rest of the ingredients.

Btw, I just received my order today, so I have everything I need to get the hospital up and running. The yellow tang has suddenly and surprisingly come out of hiding and is eating quite well, and looking better...it's kinda weird, but I'm not complaining. The 2 clowns are looking horrible and not eating hardly at all. Only garlic soaked mysis is tempting them.

Everybody else in the tank still looks decent and is eating, but everybody is being transferred to the hospital on Saturday.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does one get the metrodiazone? I could use some. Also my issues seem to be clearing up since adding a good deal of UV to my system. I did it just to see and so far. The fish are looking much better.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, online is best for me these days. I could not find it at kens, but did thanks for the link chris... I may get some just to have it on hand.

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro does very little in the saltwater for our fish, plus add in the new resistant strain of ich and it does nothing. Contact the pharmacist at fishyfharmacy.com and they will help you out a bunch. If you have any issues ordering from them let me know I have an account setup with them.

Just my .02

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kind of strange that I keep clicking on the link I put for Metro at Kens and it takes me right back to this thread. Ugh.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kensfish.com/cgi-kensfish/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*16745c18a6e210c5065dab4fef just copy this line and put www in front. BUT I think mike_dani is probably correct. When I had ich to deal with my friend Joe was advising me, and he had been in the hobby for longer than some of us have been on earth. He never mentioned metro as one of the treatments, and he did use it for his cichlids, so he'd have probably said.
The 4 and fef should be together it just wont show up that way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I lost both clowns and the midas blenny today. :(

But the yellow tang is looking great. Out of all the fish, I wouldve expected the tang to go down before the clowns. Oh well, who knows. Everybody else in the tank looks good, but there are just so few in the tank now...

I have a member of reef team 6(the angry cuban) coming over early Saturday morning and we are breaking the scape down and removing all the fish. I am currently getting the water exact in the hospital as my DT.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 93 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back