Losing torch coral

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mix your salt before you mix your saltwater yes? I've found with Red Sea you have to mix your salt in the bag. Just take it out of the bucket, and hold the bag end really tight and upend it about 20-30 times.

Also Was the torch every happy and healthy in that spot in this tank?

While generally you can use a single coral as a tank indicator, if the rest of everything in your tank is doing fine, it's not smart to change entire tank conditions for a single coral.

If other corals are looking less bright, less extended though then there's an overall problem.
I wish this was included in more beginner FYI's or on the salt mix instructions. I don't know how many gallons I mixed before I realized my numbers were off because I didn't mix the dry salt in the salt bucket first. (Also using Instant Ocean).

OP
OP
D

Dag95833

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mis understand what I'm meaning by mixing.

You have to mix your salt dry before you mix it wet. :) Do you mix it dry? Red Sea specifically requires dry mixing before wet mixing IME. Like mix up the dry salt because it's various elements all together, not just salt, and sometimes they pocket or something
Ahhh, no I did not know that. Just been scooping straight off the top. Will mix it up now. Thank you.

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strange, the reason I use instant ocean is because of price and uniform quality/consistency

OP
OP
D

Dag95833

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acceptable?

9543719B-4EC6-4B3C-A123-C43F0F1FE3BF.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back