OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Wrasse Eye Candy :drooling-face: for whats to come!
1671981386678.png

1671981412772.png

1672186168609.jpeg

1671981437215.png

1671981510291.png

1671981553720.png

1671981569612.png

1671981593791.png

1671981610959.png

2 Negrosensis? Yes! A pair. 2 is better than 1 right?! :D

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sdreef I hope you don’t mind me using your photo lol. Any advice regarding a pair of negrosensis and/or the Iridis? Thx.
I wouldn’t do a pair of iridis - all of these become male at some point in captivity whether it’s later or sooner.
The Macropharyngodon don’t tend to transition though so I would definitely go for a pair or trio of Negrosensis.

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sdreef I hope you don’t mind me using your photo lol. Any advice regarding a pair of negrosensis and/or the Iridis? Thx.
Don’t mind at all. I agree with @i cant think regarding the iridis. Probably one.

I like the idea of a trio of negrosensis. I had a trio of meleagris that started as juveniles and there was some aggression early on until they established a pecking order.

The negrosensis isn’t a species I’ve kept so I’m not sure if the temperament of the negrosensis are different. Im not sure how easy it is to find an adult male, are you planning on starting with juveniles?

With your plan, an acclimation box is a must have in case you don’t already have one. A fish trap is useful in case you run into compatibility issues.

That’s a beautiful list!

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t mind at all. I agree with @i cant think regarding the iridis. Probably one.

I like the idea of a trio of negrosensis. I had a trio of meleagris that started as juveniles and there was some aggression early on until they established a pecking order.

The negrosensis isn’t a species I’ve kept so I’m not sure if the temperament of the negrosensis are different. Im not sure how easy it is to find an adult male, are you planning on starting with juveniles?

With your plan, an acclimation box is a must have in case you don’t already have one. A fish trap is useful in case you run into compatibility issues.

That’s a beautiful list!
I may do a trio. Idk yet. I do plan on starting with juvies yes. 3” being the smallest I would go for. But if I find an established male and female pair, if they are of smaller size then yes I would get them. I do have an acclamation box. I don’t have a trap as of yet, I mean I do, a DIY one that doesn’t work well. I was looking into getting the NYOS one. I‘m glad you think my list looks good. Hopefully you’ll stick around to see it? :D

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason all the snails have gone towards the surface :thinking-face: Supposedly when they do that is cuz they are spawning? But they’ve just been added.
Snails and inverts seem to spawn most commonly after a water change or something new has occurred in the tank, so it may be due to the new parameters.

Either way, if they’re spawning for you then I’m doing something wrong. I have all 10-15 Trochus I originally added in my 3’ tank and they have yet to breed for me. On the other hand i now have 4 trochus snails from the 2 I originally put in my 3’ tank.
My 4’ just doesn’t have a chance with snail breeding (I have seen it but the young don’t stand a chance compared to mature snails).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some more inverts, soooooo Invert Spam!
1672186277803.jpeg

1672186295664.jpeg
That Tuxedo Urchin is a beauty, what do you think of his blue stripes?
Here’s a photo of when I introduced mine into my 3’ tank, I don’t know about your specimen but I find the stripes to be almost velvety in looks.
FD7EB9B4-9D7A-4447-B25B-FDC2257A339C.jpeg

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just because I got a photo of him earlier before leaving enjoy some Siganus spam :)
A8D4D905-B837-4178-A72D-612F59C7B742.jpeg
Yk at this point yk I kinda have to get a Magnificus right? It’s just, there’s no competition at this point Mag wins lol.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Tuxedo Urchin is a beauty, what do you think of his blue stripes?
Here’s a photo of when I introduced mine into my 3’ tank, I don’t know about your specimen but I find the stripes to be almost velvety in looks.
I really really like them. I have two atm the one I took a photo of is the smaller one. I have a bigger one, double in size of the little one, and the velvety blue is outstanding! Thankfully the bigger one doesn’t like wearing “hats” so I’ve had piece of mind and can enjoy that blue more often. The little one however… :face-with-rolling-eyes: He LOVES HATS! He was wearing 3 shells last night.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really like them. I have two atm the one I took a photo of is the smaller one. I have a bigger one, double in size of the little one, and the velvety blue is outstanding! Thankfully the bigger one doesn’t like wearing “hats” so I’ve had piece of mind and can enjoy that blue more often. The little one however… :face-with-rolling-eyes: He LOVES HATS! He was wearing 3 shells last night.
Mine refuses to leave my corals alone so I gave in and spent a good day just glueing frags down a few weeks after I got him.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions! Tuxedos are both one of the best algae eaters but also one of the most annoying bulldozers sometimes. I recently got the tiniest tuxedo that is quite cute as well as some big brittles for my eel tank.

Attachments

• IMG_5378.jpeg
    IMG_5378.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5379.jpeg
    IMG_5379.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions! Tuxedos are both one of the best algae eaters but also one of the most annoying bulldozers sometimes. I recently got the tiniest tuxedo that is quite cute as well as some big brittles for my eel tank.
They have eaten basically every piece of algae off all the rocks except one. The one covered by all the Cyano. Do you know why they won’t touch it?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have eaten basically every piece of algae off all the rocks except one. The one covered by all the Cyano. Do you know why they won’t touch it?
Unfortunately little eats cyano. Hermit crabs I think might but flow is the only solution I know of.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many animals in this hobby seem to touch cyano and it may be due to something in the cyano (similarly to how very few animals eat leathers because of the slime they put out when bitten).
One fish I know will eradicate it is the Koumansetta hectori, my old one loved cyano.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many animals in this hobby seem to touch cyano and it may be due to something in the cyano (similarly to how very few animals eat leathers because of the slime they put out when bitten).
One fish I know will eradicate it is the Koumansetta hectori, my old one loved cyano.
You think the CJG might do the same thing?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think the CJG might do the same thing?
They likely will however from what I’ve seen the CJG is more of a ‘sand eating’ goby whilst the HG eats from both the rocks and the sandbed.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They likely will however from what I’ve seen the CJG is more of a ‘sand eating’ goby whilst the HG eats from both the rocks and the sandbed.
I’ll keep that in mind then. I’m thinking of angling one of my power heads toward the rock and pressing 100%. Not sure if it will solve the problem.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back