Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna cry… @SaltyT @i cant think ……you guys know, oh well lol
1685502940285.png
Theres a slightly prettier lunatus for 2 grand you know. Squirei might not look like much but its whats on the inside that matters!
Edit: Its 1 grand for the female, 3 grand for the male

That’s the thing I haven’t seen this in forever so if I wait and don’t get it I may not see one of these again for a long time.
I know the feeling...

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking the next corals to be added will be some softies. @i cant think I was looking at some nepthyas, what conditions do yours like? Also looking at some gorgonias, photosynthetic ones, though I would like to try some non-photosynthetic ones

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd feel a lot more comfortable adding it later on or if they had smaller ones in stock. The dragon is totally peaceful but its small still.
Just wait…
I had to remove a dragon last week because it was beating on its other wrassey mates. And then it was being predated on by a puffer.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking the next corals to be added will be some softies. @i cant think I was looking at some nepthyas, what conditions do yours like? Also looking at some gorgonias, photosynthetic ones, though I would like to try some non-photosynthetic ones
I don’t own neptheas currently (I’m definitely on the hunt for some along with a yellow fiji leather).
Generally they enjoy medium flow, some say leathers and softies dislike high flow but mine are in flow good enough for SPS.
Just keep dirtier water and you’ll be good to go!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6713.jpeg

Mine loves high light!

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t own neptheas currently (I’m definitely on the hunt for some along with a yellow fiji leather).
Generally they enjoy medium flow, some say leathers and softies dislike high flow but mine are in flow good enough for SPS.
You got to get some soon!

Thx for the tips!

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6713.jpeg

Mine loves high light!
I kept mine at the top in medium to high flow and right under the halides.

13972.jpeg
Thanks you guys! @danieyella was helping me with these questions but I’m glad I saw all your experiences as well!

Tcook how big was that Fiji leather?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna cry… @SaltyT @i cant think ……you guys know, oh well lol
1685502940285.png
Actually that's a good price for a Johnsoni. I paid $450 for mine 2 years ago while other vendors were charging $800 then. I would buy one again in a heartbeat definitely one of my favorite fairy wrasses both in coloration and personality.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that's a good price for a Johnsoni. I paid $450 for mine 2 years ago while other vendors were charging $800 then. I would buy one again in a heartbeat definitely one of my favorite fairy wrasses both in coloration and personality.
We both love them lol. @i cant think doesn’t right Aaron? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the corals are upset. Apparently there was no power, not since early morning, the panel in the garage was shot, and the tank was “dead in the water” can we say it?…..anyways power is back but everyone is either closed, droopy, or hiding. The female clownfish won’t come out of a corner she’s wedged herself into, and the male is trying to coax her out of hiding. Not the best way to start a day lol.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I looked into Dr. Reef, and he’s got some nice stuff. Also didn’t think to find a Magnificent Foxface for $179.99, pretty nice. He has some lubbockis and some negrosensis, and for good price, but I’m still uneasy about Dr Reef…….idk should I? Maybe I should just wait a little more until TSA or something gets some in?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I looked into Dr. Reef, and he’s got some nice stuff. Also didn’t think to find a Magnificent Foxface for $179.99, pretty nice. He has some lubbockis and some negrosensis, and for good price, but I’m still uneasy about Dr Reef…….idk should I? Maybe I should just wait a little more until TSA or something gets some in?
My experience with Dr Reef was very good. He was happy to talk on the phone with me and answered all my emails fast.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with Dr Reef was very good. He was happy to talk on the phone with me and answered all my emails fast.
I’ll see. Those wrasse are calling to me! Glad you had a good experience

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll see. Those wrasse are calling to me! Glad you had a good experience
I did not have a good experience with him. Although I ordered snails not fish.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not have a good experience with him. Although I ordered snails not fish.
I‘m still recovering from my experience with him…..but I am tempted to throw him a bone…..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.5%
Back