Lots of tiny worms on rocks

BLAKsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello! I was doing a water change the other work and noticed these little white (maybe reddish when out of the tank?) worms on the glass. I pulled a few out (shown at the end of the video) and the next day I noticed there was quite a few on the rocks so I was just curious what they were..

I tried to do some research before posting, and my best guess is detritus worms? But I have no idea. The only thing that comes close in the R2R Guide is the "peanut worm" but I don't think that is it. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

https://www.youtube.com/c/ReefStache

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t know what they are. But I’ve have many tiny worms in my tanks over the years. None have been a problem. I personally wouldn’t worry. They are good wigglers for sure!

@KJ ?

OP
BLAKsky

BLAKsky

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t know what they are. But I’ve have many tiny worms in my tanks over the years. None have been a problem. I personally wouldn’t worry. They are good wigglers for sure!

@KJ ?

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it! That's good to know. They didn't seem too crazy/harmful, but it certainly was a little surprising noticing them in there lol

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello! I was doing a water change the other work and noticed these little white (maybe reddish when out of the tank?) worms on the glass. I pulled a few out (shown at the end of the video) and the next day I noticed there was quite a few on the rocks so I was just curious what they were..

I tried to do some research before posting, and my best guess is detritus worms? But I have no idea. The only thing that comes close in the R2R Guide is the "peanut worm" but I don't think that is it. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

they are Dorvilleidae worms

AS

Do you own a fish trap and acclimation box or just one or the other?

• I own both a fish trap and acclimation box

Votes: 39 18.4%
  • Just a fish trap

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Just an acclimation box

Votes: 55 25.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 87 41.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 2.4%
Innovative Marine