Low budget lighting

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily get some high quality stuff used for that price. Look for some 4 bulb T5s units or even some of those all in one with some T5s and some 150w MH. Hard to buy LEDs used since they don't seem to last as long and are a larger risk to failure with some life on them. If you live anywhere near a big city, check out your local online marketplaces or see if there is a local club.

If you have to have new, then that is going to be tough. However, most chinese black boxes can handle softies with ease and you don't even really have to crank them up. Just be pay attention to the number of channels and stuff so that you can tune the color the way that you might want it.

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered two for 70 bucks 36 inch & several others under this add in sim items too... I’ll update on quality when I get/run them(currently waiting on t5’s second hand) was a steal so I jumped worse case I have something for back up second tank possibly reviews were good for the seller sold over 500 of them so they might be that secret weapon? 79 beans I had to try I’ll return if crap...

9426A2A9-1F78-40B7-A1AD-3E10EC11ADD6.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back