Low profile black urchin

OldRed1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
973
Reaction score
1,324
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This small urchin, a little larger than a quarter in diameter, came as a hitchhiker attached to live rock from the Gulf of Mexico. I wish I could get a better photo, but it’s perched upside down on a rock I can see only from this angle. Could it be some form of pencil urchin?

A8268012-419D-4379-A416-03D95F74A5F8.jpeg
h
 
I have one too from gulf rock. It’s like tripled in size in two months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new