**!! LRO 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY LIVE SALE! Our BEST one yet!!! FREEBIES! INSANE GIVEAWAYS!! HOT HOT CORALS!!**

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why four years?

I just picked up a 40b and stand from the book of faces for $20.
I just worry about setting a larger tank up when I will need to move after I finish my residency (possibly back to Australia). Just not sure how good an idea it is to start a big tank when I know it will be short lived.

$20 is an awesome deal for the 40B and stand though! I must admit I was tempted as I was wandering through Petco today with the bigger tanks, but I am also not quite set up with RODO etc to make my own saltwater so my little Evo is pretty easy to maintain

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just worry about setting a larger tank up when I will need to move after I finish my residency (possibly back to Australia). Just not sure how good an idea it is to start a big tank when I know it will be short lived.

$20 is an awesome deal for the 40B and stand though! I must admit I was tempted as I was wandering through Petco today with the bigger tanks, but I am also not quite set up with RODO etc to make my own saltwater so my little Evo is pretty easy to maintain
fair point, that is a long move. I "started" with a 15 gallon. In actuality, I got the 15 cycled and jumped right into my 40, keeping both growing at a very unmanageable rate. we're now, after about a year, starting to level off.

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fair point, that is a long move. I "started" with a 15 gallon. In actuality, I got the 15 cycled and jumped right into my 40, keeping both growing at a very unmanageable rate. we're now, after about a year, starting to level off.
My Evo is a year and a half old now and I feel like I am just getting it set to where I am happy with how I am managing it and getting some corals back in again

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Evo is a year and a half old now and I feel like I am just getting it set to where I am happy with how I am managing it and getting some corals back in again
That is the biggest thing that surprised me coming from fresh water. It takes so long for a tank to settle in and start doing well. FW I'm pretty confident after a month, maybe two that the tank won't change too much more. My reef, no way was i there after 6 months.

Elise_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the biggest thing that surprised me coming from fresh water. It takes so long for a tank to settle in and start doing well. FW I'm pretty confident after a month, maybe two that the tank won't change too much more. My reef, no way was i there after 6 months.
I felt like mine was doing pretty well around 6 months in (I purchased a bunch of my first corals from this sale last year!)
But then a tank crash around 4 months ago and I am only now feeling like I have things back settled again. Maybe that's part of the deal with a nano system as well

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt like mine was doing pretty well around 6 months in (I purchased a bunch of my first corals from this sale last year!)
But then a tank crash around 4 months ago and I am only now feeling like I have things back settled again. Maybe that's part of the deal with a nano system as well
Things do change quickly in a small tank. I'm sorry for your crash. I've been lucky so far, al the deaths in my tank have been one-offs and from known causes. sometimes that cause is my own ignorance though. that one hurts the most.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Make sure to complete all the entries for the giveaways for your chance to win one of awesome prizes!

2O7.jpg
2U6.jpg
2O6.jpg

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't read any posts (except the one I'm tagged in :D ) because this week has been A WEEK™ so far. But tuning in and will be back to chat! Congrats @Mschmidt!!!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I don't think I've ever quoted this many people in a post but here we are!
@Mschmidt congrats on winning todays prize sir!!! You win one of our amazing rock flower anemones!!!
Thank you Ann, or is it Rachel this time? I love you too!
16th is my birthday just saying
17th is my anniversary. Happy birthday.
Congratulations!!!
thank you.
I haven't read any posts (except the one I'm tagged in :D ) because this week has been A WEEK™ so far. But tuning in and will be back to chat! Congrats @Mschmidt!!!
I'm sorry you're having a rough time. We are probably good for a distraction if you need one. and thank you!
Congrats!!! That's a super prize, I love my RFA from LRO, the lone survivors of the tank crash.
Thanks! I love mine.
Congrats on winning the RFA @Mschmidt!
Thanks!

Now I'll have to get my pico tank finished by the time the box comes. planned stocking is LRO rfas and sexy shrimp. if the nems won't eat them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back