***LRO BEAT THE HEAT LIVE SALE!!! $1, $5 and $10 CORAL! GIVEAWAYS! PRIZES!!***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nice? Bought used so there is some crazing in the acrylic and I don't maintain it enough, but this is my 5'x1x20". 100 gallon display volume.
IMG_20230716_172807802_HDR.jpg

Was just dreaming of this! It would fit right where I have the one above and be twice the volume.
YEP, exactly!!
or, this for a fraction of the price.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YEP, exactly!!
or, this for a fraction of the price.
yep. except I need to get better at unit conversions, I can only fit the 1500. still the most tricked out is half the price of the cade.
That's magazine quality right there!
but for the light switch (that I only know about from it being pointed out in december).

Ann, did that get painted yet?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Or the Red Sea reefer 425 or max 500. But all I see on here are problems with the Red Sea tanks.
It does make me nervous as well but the issue I see is no one tells you about their tanks seal not breaking. I wonder what it would be statistically the number of positive experiences that provide a review vs the number of negative experiences that provide a review. If I had to guess, 10% of the people that purchase are responsible for the reviews. Of those I'd estimate that 80-90% of the negative experiences provide reviews whereas probably only 5-10% of the positive experiences provide reviews....

Just a mathematical and deep philosophical thought for the morning.

Basically, if there's 10 bad reviews there's probably 1000+ positive reviews that didn't write a review.

waterboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does make me nervous as well but the issue I see is no one tells you about their tanks seal not breaking. I wonder what it would be statistically the number of positive experiences that provide a review vs the number of negative experiences that provide a review. If I had to guess, 10% of the people that purchase are responsible for the reviews. Of those I'd estimate that 80-90% of the negative experiences provide reviews whereas probably only 5-10% of the positive experiences provide reviews....

Basically, if there's 10 bad reviews there's probably 1000+ positive reviews that didn't write a review.
That’s what I was thinking too. And in my opinion Red Sea and Waterbox look real nice. But right now I’d be leaning toward Waterbox. Would be a little cheaper too I think.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

The lfs by me is a dealer. He said the main problem with the seals that people are talking about is because they are not leveling them correctly..?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s what I was thinking too. And in my opinion Red Sea and Waterbox look real nice. But right now I’d be leaning toward Waterbox. Would be a little cheaper too I think.
With your username you almost have to go with Waterbox. Otherwise, I guess you could change your name to @Redboys or @Seaboys

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The lfs by me is a dealer. He said the main problem with the seals that people are talking about is because they are not leveling them correctly..?
Makes sense. But if you're using a Redsea tank on th designed stand the pressure should still be evenly distributed and the failure shouldn't occur in my opinion but I'm not an engineer, I just saw one on TV and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Makes sense. But if you're using a Redsea tank on th designed stand the pressure should still be evenly distributed and the failure shouldn't occur in my opinion but I'm not an engineer, I just saw one on TV and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
I thought so, too. Not sure if I would want my tank on a TV stand, though.

OP
OP
Living Reef Orlando

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yep. except I need to get better at unit conversions, I can only fit the 1500. still the most tricked out is half the price of the cade.

but for the light switch (that I only know about from it being pointed out in december).

Ann, did that get painted yet?
Not yet lol, my entire house is half done lol Half the floor is done, half the patio is paved hahaha Living Reef consumes all my time!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 82 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back