LTA won’t attach

Jholley565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a LTA for about a month and a half and it just floats around on the sandbed. Any tricks to get it to stick? The foot looks healthy, the entire anemone looks happy and healthy. I don’t have any clowns bothering it. Sandbed is about 3-4 in deep.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi yes pretty common ,try surrounding base and slightly on top stem with live rock rubble ,send pics,we all love pics happy reefing

OP
OP
Jholley565

Jholley565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi yes pretty common ,try surrounding base and slightly on top stem with live rock rubble ,send pics,we all love pics happy reefing
I currently have it sitting in a PVC pipe with no sand. I heard of someone doing this and it worked but I haven’t had any luck. I’ll try covering it with rubble.

08DC1AB1-49E4-482D-B5DD-76CEF9E3AA72.jpeg E8C21462-AB37-4A10-8A19-BF6FD9BD92A5.jpeg

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dig a hole in the Sand and bury the foot.. LTA's are sand anemones and like a deep sandbed.
Sometimes when they do not attach it is because their foot is damaged.
They are hard to buy because retail places usually just pry them off if they are attached to something damaging the foot. But having it that long it probably is not damaged.

Are you sure it is a LTA?

OP
OP
Jholley565

Jholley565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dig a hole in the Sand and bury the foot.. LTA's are sand anemones and like a deep sandbed.
Sometimes when they do not attach it is because their foot is damaged.
They are hard to buy because retail places usually just pry them off if they are attached to something damaging the foot. But having it that long it probably is not damaged.

Are you sure it is a LTA?
I’ll get better pictures tonight but I’m pretty sure. I have tried putting it in a hole on a rock and it’s not a fan of that either so I’ll try a hole in the sand.

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a LTA for about a month and a half and it just floats around on the sandbed. Any tricks to get it to stick? The foot looks healthy, the entire anemone looks happy and healthy. I don’t have any clowns bothering it. Sandbed is about 3-4 in deep.
Or you can get some wide PVC and fill it up with sand, add the anomone and then burry his foot in the sand

OP
OP
Jholley565

Jholley565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my more experienced friends got the anemone from my tank and is seeing how it does in his tank. I wonder if my sand was too coarse for it? I have crushed coral for sand so it is definitely not fine.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back