OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is my dads birthday, this will be year three for him in heaven. I hope he’s happy with the progress of his palythoas, and hopefully he’s putting in some good words for my little nem. I looked briefly in on it this am before heading out to work. It’s closed up but in the same spot it chose yesterday. He is getting his puff back, he’s just balled up. Hoping he shows his face (tentacles?) soon lol.

Happy birthday, Daddy.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband is the best! Today we went and picked up an aquarium for the pallifina! He knew I’d been wanting one. Now I have two water boxes!

And, it’s exactly one year to the day the reef was delivered!

introducing, my waterbox 35.2 AIO.

3518F4EC-86B4-41AF-9DD7-E0F72F243020.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My husband is the best! Today we went and picked up an aquarium for the pallifina! He knew I’d been wanting one. Now I have two water boxes!

And, it’s exactly one year to the day the reef was delivered!

introducing, my waterbox 35.2 AIO.

3518F4EC-86B4-41AF-9DD7-E0F72F243020.jpeg
he's a Keeper !!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very nice!!

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I agree! We finally got most of the settlement from 5 years back when an old gentleman pulled out into us in the highway. Hard case; the man had passed shortly after. I went through a ton of PT and doctors visits to be told they couldn’t do anything. Gimpy shoulder still, but we have been blessed. Now I have two amazing tanks. My guys will be moved into it tomorrow, hopefully they won’t be too mad lol. I’ll share more photos tomorrow too, of the studio and where my easel will sit. Also some photos of the reef :)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m late on my update.

So I had to wait for new RODI filters to show up before a waterchange as I don’t have a holding system and so I have to mix and change over the course of a day. Finally showed up and the ends were missing? Contacted Aquatic Life and was told to open a support ticket. In the mean time my nem is dying. I’ve decided I’m buying a new light. I’m looking at the RedSea ReefLED 90 I’ve heard AI primes were just as nice but I’m not certain at this point. I’m heartbroken because I feel like all the issues I’ve been having were due to me trying to stay loyal to a company. Not to mention finances. Also breaking the news to hubbs is going to be.... fun because he really wasn’t on board with spending 250 on the ones I got, much less 300 or so. I’d have to find either/ or used. But. I digress, it’s always something.

I think the clowns are starting to lay eggs. The male had been very protective of his spot, even biting as I clean. Naughty boy. The female could care less lol.

Palythoas are still growing ever so slowly and I’m sure a new light will help them out. The Goni pie doing ok. Maybe the reef roids are keeping it happy.

My indigo dottyback is chasing the black neon a little bit nothing too bad I suppose? In terms of betta aggression I see no issues. These are not bettas though so time will tell lol.

That’s really about it. Easy summary, fish are good, corals are meh and nem is dying lol.

My pallifina are doing fantastic though :)

Oh and off topic, we may have a day or so left at this job. After that, dunno.

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been thinking of what light to get and I’m so confused. It has to be a good value, a great price. As everyone following along knows I have very little funds and this tank itself has been funded by prayers and kindness and fantastic deals lol. I’ve looked at the following :

AI Prime and Hydra. I was told the hydra would be better?

Red Sea ReefLED90

Noopsyche

Black Box

Now, I’m pretty certain I want it to be WiFi, because it’s a tall tank and hard to access the side. I believe that leaves the black boxes out. Plus the possible fire risk, oy. I’m not sure that Noop is WiFi, I don’t know much about them. Also the site confuses me saying it’s 18x18 then 24x24. I like the price point, though and it looks nice. The AIs are out of stock and I’ve seen a few used units but is it worth the used cost? And would a prime work for my needs? The ReefLED also looks nice. Also, I like how the latter two are smaller. It’ll make me getting in the tank a hair easier.

Also why does none of these dang lights come wit mounts?! Do they expect you to use mind tricks to hang them? Sheesh.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'll send you more ,now and then ;) my daughter already took the 3 prettiest ones:rolleyes::)

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s fts. :) my little nem is still hanging in there. You may be able to see it. Also, my room a, aka starfish and the Frammer. I’m not even sure that’s what it is but it’s float and pretty lol.

2F6046A1-8F59-4E0B-8BB6-49E78891904E.jpeg FD9369A9-3DD4-44A0-BA90-4B522A207EAA.jpeg 350245A3-D4E9-4D58-9A66-B2054AB6370C.jpeg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have a good night :)
SPBLAM...
YOU LOOKIN AT ME:p
WP_20201018_16_21_29_Pro.jpg

YASS!!;):cool:
WP_20201018_16_20_54_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
LadyMac

LadyMac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update. Nem is still hanging in there, gotta give it credit for not giving up the ghost. It looks horrid but still firmly attached. At night his mouth is open but he closes it during the day. Yesterday I fed the tank some reef Roids/ decapped bbs soaked mysis. Put a little on the nem. Who knows if it ate or not.

I was having issues with my current powerheads turning off. Supposedly have some better ones on the way, and that may help a lot of my issues. Still want a better light and need a better return pump. Palythoas are looking great still. Frammer seems to be growing though I don’t think I’ve had any more heads appear. Rfas looking lovely and the Goni is swaying nicely. I’m hoping I can keep it going, I’ve read some people lose them after a year or so for no reason.

I got bit yesterday for pulling some hair algae. Dang mean clownfish. So, my next fish is gonna be a red lipped Blenny. Let’s see the clownfish bite him! :D

Anyhow, a morning shot as the lights are coming on. Is it bad that I’m bored with my aqua scape? I set it up for a marine betta but it’s not happening and I’m ok with that.
2E241BB4-7F4E-41C5-9365-85FC5D4F31A7.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back