Lumenbar suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 6foot 125. For lighting I have two radion g2 pros and a third that was upgraded to a G3 Pro. Originally this was going to be an LPS dominant tank so I wasn't too worried about shadowing. I've since changed my mind and it's going to be more SPS dominant(SPS on the upper rockwork and lps in the lower areas. Which makes me worry more about shadowing. I'd like to avoid the dead white lower sections on branching SPS I see on a lot of SPS setups. I was thinking of using a lumenbar(or maybe two) as fill. Which leads me to two questions;

1st ; spectrum choice? I currently have the radions set to Corallab. I was originally thinking of going with the high octane UV to kind of supplement the violet that the G2's don't have a lot of but was also thinking maybe the 14k might be better for growth. Any thoughts?

2nd; Mounting? My radions are mounted on the ecotech rail system and I'm contemplating how I would go about attaching the lumenbars. Some way of attaching them to the radion brackets on the outside two lights perhaps. Have you seen a solution to this already so that I'm not spending time solving a problem that already solved?

Thanks

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 6foot 125. For lighting I have two radion g2 pros and a third that was upgraded to a G3 Pro. Originally this was going to be an LPS dominant tank so I wasn't too worried about shadowing. I've since changed my mind and it's going to be more SPS dominant(SPS on the upper rockwork and lps in the lower areas. Which makes me worry more about shadowing. I'd like to avoid the dead white lower sections on branching SPS I see on a lot of SPS setups. I was thinking of using a lumenbar(or maybe two) as fill. Which leads me to two questions;

1st ; spectrum choice? I currently have the radions set to Corallab. I was originally thinking of going with the high octane UV to kind of supplement the violet that the G2's don't have a lot of but was also thinking maybe the 14k might be better for growth. Any thoughts?

2nd; Mounting? My radions are mounted on the ecotech rail system and I'm contemplating how I would go about attaching the lumenbars. Some way of attaching them to the radion brackets on the outside two lights perhaps. Have you seen a solution to this already so that I'm not spending time solving a problem that already solved?

Thanks

Hi,

1: For color, SPS love the extra UV. I usually recommend one of each, UV in the back, and Royal Ice up front. The RI adds more overall brightness so putting it up front brightens up more of your tank- since that area has less rockwork in most tanks.

2: For mounting, as far as I am aware, every generation of Radion has 4 x 5mm bolts up top for the RMS mount/hanging cables. I can provide longer 5mm stainless bolts to mount the lumenbar brackets to your lights.

You also might consider running 2 x Photon 32-V2+, they are as wide as the Radions are long, so you will get more spread that way :p We do have back of tank BOT mounts available now. Just something to consider for future upgrades.

OP
OP
fermentedhiker

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

1: For color, SPS love the extra UV. I usually recommend one of each, UV in the back, and Royal Ice up front. The RI adds more overall brightness so putting it up front brightens up more of your tank- since that area has less rockwork in most tanks.

2: For mounting, as far as I am aware, every generation of Radion has 4 x 5mm bolts up top for the RMS mount/hanging cables. I can provide longer 5mm stainless bolts to mount the lumenbar brackets to your lights.

You also might consider running 2 x Photon 32-V2+, they are as wide as the Radions are long, so you will get more spread that way :p We do have back of tank BOT mounts available now. Just something to consider for future upgrades.

Originally my plan was for 3x photon 16-v2+(tank has two crossbraces) but a friend was upgrading to G4 radions so gave me a killer deal on his old lights. IF they die that's the direction I'll mostly likely go with as a replacement. Now I just have to work some overtime so I can order the lumenbars :)

OP
OP
fermentedhiker

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders I have another question for you. Looking at my aquascape there doesn't seem much advantage with a second bar on the back of the existing lights as I kept the rockwork well off the back of the tank to remove dead spots. In this situation do you think the HO UV is a better choice or the Royal ICE, or option three a custome layout that basically blends the two together in one light?

Second question for you, Any plans to add IR leds to the custom choices? Looks like some interesting possibilities from them based on what I'm seeing from Orphek.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't comment on colors since I don't know how you run the lights you can customize your layout on the Lumen Bars.
I run a 12K program & ordered a special layout that looks great.

OP
OP
fermentedhiker

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't comment on colors since I don't know how you run the lights you can customize your layout on the Lumen Bars.
I run a 12K program & ordered a special layout that looks great.
Thanks, I know you can customize them which I why I asked if they are planning to offer IR(not on the list currently) as an option.

Back