Lumenbars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching the forum and saw that you sold a reef brite like product. I can’t seem to find it on your website. Can you help me out?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was searching the forum and saw that you sold a reef brite like product. I can’t seem to find it on your website. Can you help me out?

Certainly! We discontinued the Lumenbars in order to redesign them. They will be available again soon.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan, I'm looking for 16" (I guess 24" will work too) for my 16" Photon V2 over my 50g cube. I want a blue to hang off the back and a white to hang off the front. I'd love the front one to be 2 channel white and blue but all white can work. It would be great if they had dimmers (or at least work with aftermarket dimmers).

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logan, I'm looking for 16" (I guess 24" will work too) for my 16" Photon V2 over my 50g cube. I want a blue to hang off the back and a white to hang off the front. I'd love the front one to be 2 channel white and blue but all white can work. It would be great if they had dimmers (or at least work with aftermarket dimmers).
Hey Ron!

The 24" bars are actually shorter than 24" by a little, they will be longer than your Photon 16 but they will work and attach to your light without looking awkward.

We will have a white and a blue layout- one is white with some Violet/Red mixed in, the other is 50/50 450nm and 480nm. We have several other spectrums as well.

They will not be dimmable in their current form. We may offer upgrade kits to make them dimmable, in the past the dimmers were not a big selling point, most of our customers did not seem to want them as you now need an extra remote, and they can be tricky to setup initially. But that's a great point and having dimmers as an option is definitely doable and won't be much trouble to add later on, it's a simple power supply swap.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones I used on my 120g tank has 2 channels and no dimmers. But where the fixture cord plugged into the power supply cord you could plug in a simple dimmer switch that was really cheap. Does that require 'special' leds?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones I used on my 120g tank has 2 channels and no dimmers. But where the fixture cord plugged into the power supply cord you could plug in a simple dimmer switch that was really cheap. Does that require 'special' leds?

Haha, no change to the LEDs, just the power supply.

Our Lumenbar power supply on the base model does not dim- however there is a power supply that does and that can be easily swapped out. They take an RF signal from a hand held remote, sort of resembles a TV remote.

There is only one channel- but you can have each bar on its own remote. The dimmer goes: ON/OFF, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% power. It saves the settings if you unplug, so you can use them with a wall timer too.

So far pricing for NON dimming models, all colors is this:

LumenBar C-24 (C stands for color): $109.99- 18 x 3 watt LEDs (underpowered for efficiency in all lengths- so actual wattage draw is much less)

LumenBar C-32: $129.99- 27 x 3 watt LEDs

LumenBar C-48: $149.99- 36 x 3 watt LEDs

All lengths include all hardware needed to attach these to the Photon V2 without any modifications.

Colors are as follows:

HO (High Octane) Actinic- Mix of 420nm and 405nm violet, with some 380nm UV in the mix

Jungle - Mix of Neutral White LEDs with some Red and 420nm violet in the mix- for planted tanks as well as refugiums and reef tank accents.

Reefer 14K- Optimal mix of white and colored LEDs with a 14,000K output

Royal Ice- 50/50 480nm Cool Blue and 450nm Royal Blue

Pimp My Lights- Choose you own layout and we will custom build it for an additional $25 per Lumenbar (2-4 week lead time)

Dimming options and cost TBA

The LumenBar C-Series will be available in about 3-5 weeks.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Logan. I'll be ordering a High Octane for the back side of my Photon and a Pimp My Light for the front side. I'd do either 33:66 or maybe 50:50 cool white and 460 or 480 blue. I may also get a couple of Jungle Mix to add to my refugium fixture.

Thanks for your continuing work at adding new products to the Reef Breeders line.

BTW, I haven't run the Coral Box skimmer yet. When I do I'll offer a report. But I was quite impressed with the quality of the materials used and the fit of parts as I put it together. And if you or the manufacturer wants an instruction sheet for assembly, I'd be happy to write one up. It wasn't hard for me, but I did get well into the build when I realized that I couldn't get a part inside and had to take most of it back apart. And I don't claim to be a master assembly guy, but I can see some people struggling to figure it out. A simple instruction sheet written by somebody not translating it from Chinese to English could be helpful to some. ;)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Logan. I'll be ordering a High Octane for the back side of my Photon and a Pimp My Light for the front side. I'd do either 33:66 or maybe 50:50 cool white and 460 or 480 blue. I may also get a couple of Jungle Mix to add to my refugium fixture.

Thanks for your continuing work at adding new products to the Reef Breeders line.

BTW, I haven't run the Coral Box skimmer yet. When I do I'll offer a report. But I was quite impressed with the quality of the materials used and the fit of parts as I put it together. And if you or the manufacturer wants an instruction sheet for assembly, I'd be happy to write one up. It wasn't hard for me, but I did get well into the build when I realized that I couldn't get a part inside and had to take most of it back apart. And I don't claim to be a master assembly guy, but I can see some people struggling to figure it out. A simple instruction sheet written by somebody not translating it from Chinese to English could be helpful to some. ;)

Hey Ron,

You are very knowledgeable and I trust your opinion on this. If you are willing to do a write up I would be happy to add it to our FAQ. We have a list of manuals going that I mostly re-wrote myself, there are some more I need to finish up for sure as well. I can offer you store credit or some samples for your time if you are interested :)

Send me a layout for your lumenbar when you get the chance.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! Those are skinny! How do you manage to keep them cool on fixtures that small?

The LEDs are run around 1-2 watts. This both reduces heat and increases efficiency. Paired with the onboard optics they add some serious PAR- I will get actual wattage draw info for each length soon. Also they are IP65 water resistant.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back