Lumenbars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well in that picture it is a grow light for the mangroves. That is why it is red in color.

But other reason someone might add strips to a existing fixture would be to increase coverage or some will mount on angles to help with shading.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid Question for Logan and want to hear opinions from people buying these.

I bought a Photon 50 last earlier this year right before the V2 model came out. Recently bought the newer model remote.

What is purpose of adding these to already awesome LED fixture? And which models would make the most sense and why.

830ABF4B-63BE-428E-A3F9-915112849974.jpeg

Good question!

Some of our customers have wider tanks, say 24" or more, and want to get higher PAR in the very front and back of their tank. Also, they are good for adding some more color pop, you can add new colors like 430nm and 385nm true UV to the mix. They also work very well with many T5 supplement for those who don't want to go full LED :)

Also, for your tank, you can add a LumenBar 24" in Jungle Sun to replace the light you are using for your mangroves :)

We are working on a 12" version as well.

Orion1885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any update when the new lumen bars are coming out; want to add one to my 48 inch v2+.

JSpen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if these will boost par dramatically or no?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks identical to the Orphek bars, from the extrusion to the glass covers and mounting hardware. @Reef Breeders are you getting it from them and providing a USA warranty, like some of your powerheads?

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! What other lights are you using, Photon V2s? It would be awesome if you have a map you can post showing some of your readings!

On my frag tank i got a v2 50 inch with 2 48 inch bars and on my main display it is a mixture of Hydra 52s, T5s and 3 - 36 bars. I currently don't have a map.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks identical to the Orphek bars, from the extrusion to the glass covers and mounting hardware. @Reef Breeders are you getting it from them and providing a USA warranty, like some of your powerheads?

The Orphek bars are different in both shape and spectral output. There are a lot of LED light bars out there with similar profiles. The Orphek bars are almost twice as wide as ours at 1.75".

We provide USA based warranty on all of our products and ship from our RI warehouse.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orphek bars are different in both shape and spectral output. There are a lot of LED light bars out there with similar profiles. The Orphek bars are almost twice as wide as ours at 1.75".

We provide USA based warranty on all of our products and ship from our RI warehouse.

Both are fanless, right? So twice as wide is ~twice as much heat dissipation for the same LED quantity/wattage? (I know its not linear, but without fans, larger heatsinks are desirable)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are fanless, right? So twice as wide is ~twice as much heat dissipation for the same LED quantity/wattage? (I know its not linear, but without fans, larger heatsinks are desirable)

Our lights stay well within the LED operating temp of 50 degrees C with no fan required. Having a slimmer case means you can fit more bars in less space, it also means they can be more easily attached to your current light fixtures and are less obtrusive.

cwk84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone post pictures of their tanks with these bars running? I'm interested in the actinic and royal ice one.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders Old thread i know, but ive got a 72 bowfront. im running 2 Ai Hydra 32s, but want potentially the Royal Ice to give me more coral pop early morning, and night. What would you reccomend? is a 26 long enough? also best way to mount in canopy? Likely dont want to add too much Par per say, just add the POP. The hydras are powerful, just want more POP.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders Old thread i know, but ive got a 72 bowfront. im running 2 Ai Hydra 32s, but want potentially the Royal Ice to give me more coral pop early morning, and night. What would you reccomend? is a 26 long enough? also best way to mount in canopy? Likely dont want to add too much Par per say, just add the POP. The hydras are powerful, just want more POP.
The 36" will be long enough yes- if you can get it at least 6-8" off the water. The bars are easy to mount in a canopy, just screw it to the inside of the lid.

The royal ice will give the most blue/brightness, the UV/Blue hybrid is a close second, with the added benefit of true UV and 430nm violet, which is beneficial to SPS corals especially.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 36" will be long enough yes- if you can get it at least 6-8" off the water. The bars are easy to mount in a canopy, just screw it to the inside of the lid.

The royal ice will give the most blue/brightness, the UV/Blue hybrid is a close second, with the added benefit of true UV and 430nm violet, which is beneficial to SPS corals especially.
I have my AI hydras at least 12 inches off water. would that be too high?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back