Lunar and Dusky Wrasses flashing each other

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Lunar Wrasse and a Dusky Wrasse in my 220g. One Lunar is about 6" the smaller 3". The Dusky Wrasse is about 4". I just saw my larger lunar and the dusky swimming side by side each other flashing their colors. It was stunning to watch. It was the first time I saw my Dusky with the bright green. It has always been very dark green almost black. They were not attacking each other. Just swimming side by side flashing. The lunar going between bright blue to bright green and the dusky doing bright green and dark green. Just beautiful display.

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if you can catch them with a picture or video....
Flashing wrasses are difficult to take picture of. They are usually so fast and stop flashing when you get close to the tank to take picture. I have to use a really fast telephoto lens to take picture of them in the act.

OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, only seen the dusky flash once since that night. My male Lunar like to flash a lot he does it constantly toward the female lunar. I notice that he does swim and flash around the dusky like he does the female. They are just beautiful fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back