Luxdium Replacement LED Pucks for AI Prime & Hydra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@luxdium Think I’m finally happy with the preset that I’m running on my 26hd’s

screen shot is set to show max channel usage. Given the amount of white what pucks would you suggest?

On another note I was looking on the site yesterday to see what postage would be to the UK. The site wouldn't let me add 2 x hydra 26 kits to the basket. I assume that ordering a 52 kit would give the same pucks as 2 x 26hd kits?
As of writing, we're running low on the aluminum sheets we use to make substrates, which is why the store is behaving like that. However, we have a shipment of sheets coming in the next week so more substrates can be made and we can resume production of the pucks soon.

If 40% cool white is your jam, then you may want to look at our Gold or Cyan options as they have more tunability to white. However, since you run green a little lower, Gold may be a better choice for you.

International shipping (outside US and Canada) is a flat rate of around 30 USD, regardless of the number of clusters you add. A single box can fit up to nine of them.

Ste_J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @luxdium. Think Gold is definitely the way forward and I keep looking at the AI Blade glow as a possible addition

Am I correct in thinking that I could also order the 52 pack to navigate around the website? The pucks are the same regardless are they not?

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @luxdium. Think Gold is definitely the way forward and I keep looking at the AI Blade glow as a possible addition

Am I correct in thinking that I could also order the 52 pack to navigate around the website? The pucks are the same regardless are they not?

That's right. A 52HD upgrade kit is essentially two 26HDs put together. We expect the aluminum to arrive next week. Then we'll start CNC milling them and building more substrates.

Pretty excited though. Along with the new substrates we'll be making, we'll be able to do something we've never done before. (sorry for the tease :) )

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as supplements go, these already provide a very complete spectrum. You are more or less looking for options that may reduce shadowing if that's desired. Not tested the Blades yet, so I can't really make a recommendation, but if you want to pair them with T5's, then Blue Plus with Coral Plus or Purple Plus are good options.

Ste_J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as supplements go, these already provide a very complete spectrum. You are more or less looking for options that may reduce shadowing if that's desired. Not tested the Blades yet, so I can't really make a recommendation, but if you want to pair them with T5's, then Blue Plus with Coral Plus or Purple Plus are good options.
That's right. A 52HD upgrade kit is essentially two 26HDs put together. We expect the aluminum to arrive next week. Then we'll start CNC milling them and building more substrates.

Pretty excited though. Along with the new substrates we'll be making, we'll be able to do something we've never done before. (sorry for the tease :) )
@luxdium I finally stopped debating and hit the buy button I opted for the gold pucks having spent some time with the increased whites and enjoying the look. Fingers crossed that customs will be good to me on the import

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@luxdium I finally stopped debating and hit the buy button I opted for the gold pucks having spent some time with the increased whites and enjoying the look. Fingers crossed that customs will be good to me on the import
Congrats!

They're usually good with us. The only time we had issues was when Royal Mail went on strike during the holidays. However, despite them abusing the packages (ie. letting them sit out in the rain, eaten by wildlife), all clusters arrived safely. I opened a PM with you should you have any further questions about customs.

Ste_J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody run the pucks with diffusers? There’s a company making them in the UK and I’m very tempted unless they distrupt the light too much

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody run the pucks with diffusers? There’s a company making them in the UK and I’m very tempted unless they distrupt the light too much

I run all of mine with 3DReefing diffusers. Other than lowering the overall PAR a bit, I've had no issues.

Ste_J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run all of mine with 3DReefing diffusers. Other than lowering the overall PAR a bit, I've had no issues.
Have you adjusted the levels to compensate or just left them as is?
It’s the 3DReefing diffuser that I’m looking at

Do they reduce light spill as well?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you adjusted the levels to compensate or just left them as is?
It’s the 3DReefing diffuser that I’m looking at

Do they reduce light spill as well?

They do reduce the spread (spill) some, yes.

I use a PAR meter to adjust all my lights to what the needs of the tank are, diffuser or not. I just noticed a 15-ish percent decrease in overall PAR between diffused and not diffused. So, I guess the simple answer is yes, I did adjust my lights accordingly.

Ste_J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do reduce the spread (spill) some, yes.

I use a PAR meter to adjust all my lights to what the needs of the tank are, diffuser or not. I just noticed a 15-ish percent decrease in overall PAR between diffused and not diffused. So, I guess the simple answer is yes, I did adjust my lights accordingly
Thank you. Just placed an order and will see how much adjustment is needed once they arrive.

In a few weeks it will all change again anyway when the new pucks arrive.

willsaf.ws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!

They're usually good with us. The only time we had issues was when Royal Mail went on strike during the holidays. However, despite them abusing the packages (ie. letting them sit out in the rain, eaten by wildlife), all clusters arrived safely. I opened a PM with you should you have any further questions about customs.
I hit your instagram page and it’s on preorder
I have 2 26 HD and was wondering how long b4 they available

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hit your instagram page and it’s on preorder
I have 2 26 HD and was wondering how long b4 they available
We've got a batch in manufacturing. Waiting for CNC milling to finish. Aiming to begin assembly by Thursday and shipping by Saturday. We try to ship 1-2 weeks from when orders are made.

And I’m currently running diffusers I wanted to get you opinion on how effective it is with you product
They'll work with diffusers. Though since we've deleted the discrete Red and Green LEDs and merged them in the white channel, the disco effect is reduced. However, diffusers are a great option if you want the light more blended. Like any blending solution, there is a tradeoff between intensity (PAR) and diffusion, but if you have enough power, you can always adjust the percentages to compensate.

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just like that, we have some that completed CNC machining.

Aluminum is perhaps one of my favorite materials to CNC machine.
Lightweight, soft, and most importantly, thermally conductive.

These will proceed to the other stages of manufacturing and assembly.

CNC milled.JPG

willsaf.ws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a batch in manufacturing. Waiting for CNC milling to finish. Aiming to begin assembly by Thursday and shipping by Saturday. We try to ship 1-2 weeks from when orders are made.

They'll work with diffusers. Though since we've deleted the discrete Red and Green LEDs and merged them in the white channel, the disco effect is reduced. However, diffusers are a great option if you want the light more blended. Like any blending solution, there is a tradeoff between intensity (PAR) and diffusion, but if you have enough power, you can always adjust the percentages to compensate.
I run t5 hybrid, 1 Kessel and 2 hydra 26hd on a 30inch tank , I’m not a fan of the visual look of the hydras white I’ll give the lenses a shot thank you

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run t5 hybrid, 1 Kessel and 2 hydra 26hd on a 30inch tank , I’m not a fan of the visual look of the hydras white I’ll give the lenses a shot thank you
If you're looking for something that looks like a Kessil, I'd consider Blue or Cyan. Most of the Kessil's tint comes from their choice of blues. We have more of that in our Blue variant, but if you want to mask some of the purple-violet tints that come when Royal and white are run together, I'd consider Cyan.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back