Lymphocystis on a sea urchin?

TylerAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2022
Messages
56
Reaction score
22
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had lymphocystis in my tank now ever since I introduced this urchin (I saw the white stuff near his mouth when I took him out of the bag) and now my clowns have it. Been like that for a while and besides the things showing up on the clowns every once in a while nothing had has happened, except my urchin has been getting some of it on him for a while now. Is this something I should be worried about? I also see white stuff on the sides of the aquarium too. Anything I can do and is this a problem?

20220702_210347.jpg 20220702_210023.jpg 20220702_210313.jpg
 
So I've had lymphocystis in my tank now ever since I introduced this urchin (I saw the white stuff near his mouth when I took him out of the bag) and now my clowns have it. Been like that for a while and besides the things showing up on the clowns every once in a while nothing had has happened, except my urchin has been getting some of it on him for a while now. Is this something I should be worried about? I also see white stuff on the sides of the aquarium too. Anything I can do and is this a problem?

20220702_210347.jpg 20220702_210023.jpg 20220702_210313.jpg
Lympho is viral and found on fish on the fins and occasionally body. You are likely seeing sand mimicing nodules
 
Lympho is viral and found on fish on the fins and occasionally body. You are likely seeing sand mimicing nodules
Ok thank you! Then I'm not sure how I got lymphocystis if it wasn't from the urchin but even though it's unsightly, at least it's not ick and won't kill my fish
 
Ok thank you! Then I'm not sure how I got lymphocystis if it wasn't from the urchin but even though it's unsightly, at least it's not ick and won't kill my fish
Lympho is viral and often triggered by poor water quality and/or diet. Poor water quality is as simple as elevated ammonia, nitrate or both
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new