Lymphocystis

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lymphocystis won't cause a fish to not eat unless the nodules are really heavy and involve the mouth. Your fish may have multiple issues. If you want, post a picture/video and some background information and you can start your own post. The information as to all that is here:

Jay
I agree. Unless the lympho is covering the mouth area and the fish cannot open its' mouth, it is likely not the cause for the animal not eating. It generally looks way worse than it is. Lympho often shows up though in a fish with other ailments (because its' immune system is not strong giving the virus the upper hand).

luceym

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a general all over treatment I can use to treat something I cant see? Thanks as this is day 6 no eating, I'm going to try clams tomorrow

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is there a general all over treatment I can use to treat something I cant see? Thanks as this is day 6 no eating, I'm going to try clams tomorrow
As stated, lympho does not change or impact appetite. Lympho is viral and requires GOOD water quality and diet for fish to shake it. If not eating, something else is going on such as;
Water quality issue
Gill irritation
wrong food offered
mouth injury

Clam on half shell or blackworms should entice it to eat

What is current ammonia-nitrate-ph- salinity ?

zaidalin79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one fish that has what looks like large ich spots but he has had for awhile - the whole time with me running 1.008-1.009 hyposalinity. I have run through metro/kana/neo plex, CP, cipro and amoxicillin, pretty much anything but Copper. None of the other fish have it, and he is still eating and acting normal. Could it be lympho if it doesn't look like the larger cauliflower looking growths? I am at a loss what it is...

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one fish that has what looks like large ich spots but he has had for awhile - the whole time with me running 1.008-1.009 hyposalinity. I have run through metro/kana/neo plex, CP, cipro and amoxicillin, pretty much anything but Copper. None of the other fish have it, and he is still eating and acting normal. Could it be lympho if it doesn't look like the larger cauliflower looking growths? I am at a loss what it is...

We'd need to have a good picture to be able to really tell you much. Here is a post about starting a disease thread:

Jay

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it disappears within 4 days or less, it could be velvet. 7 days or less, it could be ich. Greater than 7 days is most likely Lympho or possibly a bacterial infection.
Not gonna lie, the dark blue on the blue background irritates the eye like a madman. Maybe it’s just me, but it’s so off-putting I stopped reading whatever you write.

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help with this
67F2C059-4B76-4DCE-81A7-6D167B7A5A28.jpeg
24A5EC15-2D11-4C2E-B268-883BC0C49A43.jpeg

Attachments

• BCFE96CE-6D57-4FCD-AE9D-35BB8B8E3DD4.jpeg
    BCFE96CE-6D57-4FCD-AE9D-35BB8B8E3DD4.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 24

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The White damage on fin and right pectoral fin ?

That does look like Lymphocystis to me - the additional spot on the pectoral fin helps confirm it.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya he seems very healthy besides that. Does he need to b separate
No need to isolate it. Many fish have already been exposed to the virus and are immune. Those that aren’t may show an infection, but then they are immune.

Jay

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to isolate it. Many fish have already been exposed to the virus and are immune. Those that aren’t may show an infection, but then they are immune.

Jay
So it’s not lifelong like herpes? It’s not gonna keep having outbreaks? I recieved him 7 days ago from reef beauties. Com ! They say there is a15 day claim gaurentee. So this will b fun I’m sure. What do you think about maybe a blood shrimp cleaning it up to help out hydrogen peroxide? Do you know anything about feather duster worms because I got one also in the same order and it still hasn’t opened? Day 8 now
43A6678A-B246-4683-8256-C58BBD0F011A.jpeg
EF659BE7-D096-4E42-AFC2-889205D4ECCB.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s not lifelong like herpes? It’s not gonna keep having outbreaks? I recieved him 7 days ago from reef beauties. Com ! They say there is a15 day claim gaurentee. So this will b fun I’m sure. What do you think about maybe a blood shrimp cleaning it up to help out hydrogen peroxide? Do you know anything about feather duster worms because I got one also in the same order and it still hasn’t opened? Day 8 now
43A6678A-B246-4683-8256-C58BBD0F011A.jpeg
EF659BE7-D096-4E42-AFC2-889205D4ECCB.jpeg

I've never seen a fish redevelop Lymphocystis after they have had an outbreak. They can carry it, but they don't have symptoms.

Hair algae can be an issue. I wouldn't use a blood shrimp for it. I tried peroxide (and that killed my shrimp). In the end, harvesting it by hand, buying a bunch of clean up crew and doing water changes got rid of it for me,.

Jay

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen a fish redevelop Lymphocystis after they have had an outbreak. They can carry it, but they don't have symptoms.

Hair algae can be an issue. I wouldn't use a blood shrimp for it. I tried peroxide (and that killed my shrimp). In the end, harvesting it by hand, buying a bunch of clean up crew and doing water changes got rid of it for me,.

Jay
No I meant to clean the fins on the tang

Gobi1canobi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
I was thinking put him in the tank with the tang and kinda block them in together with acrylic and see if the shrimp cleaned it they are sa poses to be cleanershrimp. And maybe very little peroxide or iodine ver vary small amount’s? No just let it ride? I’m gonna take your advice because it looks like THEMAN! I mean I hope one day my page is painted with credentials like yours! And I see you answer all the help posts rapidly and I feel greatful for your help Jay I take my pets as seriously as family! You relieved allot of stress! and I know in your case it’s not always the outcome! I appreciate you thanks

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back