Macroalgae hitchhiker ID

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some blue hypnea online for my dwarf seahorse tank, they sent two VERY large portions of it. The first bag that I already put in the tank seemed to be clean, but I still rinsed it in fresh saltwater and hopefully there isn’t anything on it. This second bag has hydroids attached to the inside, rock and sand in the algae, and then there’s this thing. What in the world is it? Either way I’m not putting this one in a tank that’ll have seahorses in it, but I absolutely have to know what the heck this is.

 
I ordered some blue hypnea online for my dwarf seahorse tank, they sent two VERY large portions of it. The first bag that I already put in the tank seemed to be clean, but I still rinsed it in fresh saltwater and hopefully there isn’t anything on it. This second bag has hydroids attached to the inside, rock and sand in the algae, and then there’s this thing. What in the world is it? Either way I’m not putting this one in a tank that’ll have seahorses in it, but I absolutely have to know what the heck this is.


I believe this is a dorvillidae worm (cousin to bristle and reef safe.) I dont believe this a eunicid
pick off or cut off the hydroids
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new