OP
OP
kichimark

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do miss the larger tank size, probably because I could add more and see the colonies grow haha. Honestly though, I do like the nano a tad more. Probably because it is easier to clean and takes less time which means more time to play around with my son or go to the gym.

I do plan to this upcoming week on setting up another evo at my school so I can have some of my excess in this tank over there and have the kids see a reef in real life and how they work. It will also allow me to have some of my harder to find corals in two places in case of a crash in one (knock on wood). I will probably post that in the nano section soon.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics. I'm glad you posted photos right away. Welcome to R2R! You will love it here.
scuba_diver_fishbowl_Animated.gif

OP
OP
kichimark

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back, your previous tank was awesome, so is the new one! I am curious about the ring around your plate coral.
Thank you. Ah, that is a plastic lid I placed the plate on. Years back I had a plate on some coarse sand which I think got an infection from that so ever since I have placed the new one (have had it for about 3 years now) on the lid. It actually makes it easier to move around when cleaning the sand bed without disturbing it too much by not even touching the coral directly.

Now that I see the pic with the evo I have to explain those white plugs haha. The ones on top I placed recently to prevent the anemone from touching the xenia. My wife loves xenia and she always has to have it so up goes a temp barrier till I find some nice LR rubble that can blend in nicely. Same goes below with that giant yuma in the corner. Seems to be in constant battle with some discosoma nearby.

Back