Magnets in aquarium

birdmandan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
394
Reaction score
9
Location
Cincinnati, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if its ok to place basic magnets in a tank? I'm trying to make a new frag rack and I was going to use some magnets I bought at sears. Is this ok?
 
It would have to have a coating over it so it dont rust
 
Cant just throw magnets in the tank without them being completely water sealed.
 
I was gunna try plasti dip coating for some magnets I'm using for an algae scrubber I'm building, just an idea
 
I have seen people plastic dip them and they did fine
 
If they are ceramic magnets they are safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new