Magnificent coming in tomorrow

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, be careful. An inflated anemone is basically a fragile bag of water. Very easy to poke a finger through the animal ..... ask me how I know LOL. Ideally you’d not remove it from the water at all.

OP
OP
tehmadreefer

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, I’m out of gloves I noticed so used a big spatula and a hand wrapped in cling wrap.

put in a smaller container of water then slid it on it’s rock.

Just the blue plus bulbs on. Hard to get a good pic tho since I can’t press the camera button underwater

3E13020C-CE2F-4092-9918-0E9D2C1F97B8.jpeg

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had mine about 18 months now, about a foot and half to two foot round when flat. She placed herself at the very top of a rock island about 6 inches from the water line and about 12 inches total from a Radion XR30 at 60%, and she would 100% appreciate more power if i turned them up further, Literally right underneath. Shes also about 8 inches from a Vortech MP40 on about 75%.

They love high light and high flow. I honestly dont think you can give them too much but to begin with its worth ramping both. Yours looks healthy to me. I find the first indicator for something being off with Ritteri' is stringy tentacles whereas yours looks pretty plumped.

Great idea with the cling wrap. Ive accidentally brushed a hand on the tentacles of mine and she is ridiculously sticky to touch.

OP
OP
tehmadreefer

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least I can say that compared to the vendor photo the colors are pretty much spot on

Of course they photographed with a black background under heaven blues. My tank is more 14k.

I got my lil Duncan and a freebie from ASD. My first purchase from them and now not the last at all.

OP
OP
tehmadreefer

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good. Just keep an eye out for inflation/deflation cycles. That will be your best indicator that something is wrong.
So it’s now deflated, do I start treatment per the cipro teatmwnt sticky? Been deflated for about an hour or so now.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking too good Im not sure on the treatment maybe someone else can help

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks okay. It may be deflating a tad bit as it acclimates to your tank. This may continue for a few days while it adjusts its zooxanthellae population. If it fully deflates, I would recommend moving it to a treatment tank.

OP
OP
tehmadreefer

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks okay. It may be deflating a tad bit as it acclimates to your tank. This may continue for a few days while it adjusts its zooxanthellae population. If it fully deflates, I would recommend moving it to a treatment tank.
Ok thanks, I mean it isn’t like a pancake droopy but it lent full like earlier either and did expell a lil black stuff earlier. That’s when it started deflating.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN any input? Should I start cipro treatment?
Treatment, if you set it up correctly does not cause much stress to the anemone. Temperature and salinity stability is important. Light, so so is OK. MOST IMPORTANT, IMO is have it attach to something small where you can move it without have to detach it EVERY TIME YOU MOVE IT. If you prepare ahead of time, the cost of the HT and equipment is less than the cost of a nice anemone.

He looks OK, but if he is under my care I would treat him.

OP
OP
tehmadreefer

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Well it’s back inflating up. So far just one deflation today and that may have been from expelling some zoo. The rock I have it on I can take out with it attached easily so I’ll see what tomorrow brings, and make up some water.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome nem! I've wanted one for a while, but I only have a 29 gallon so it won't work for me right now. :(.

Good luck!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 62 27.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back