Maintenance mode for photos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this was obvious, but it took me awhile to figure out. I had been trying to set up a photo mode on Maintenance 4 without much luck. The lighting channels listed didn't control my Mitras LX7206's.

I found that I could go into each LX7 separately and program settings in their maintenance channels. I set my blue channels at 20% and white channels at 100%. The other channels go to 0%. Now, when I initiate maintenance mode from my Touch the lights revert to these setting making taking good pictures easy.

It does not put the lights themselves into photo mode, but my camera doesn't have an issue with these LED's so not a big deal.

Maybe it should have been obvious that the Profilux maintenance modes lined up with the ones in the Mitras's. I'll own that one. But, figured I would post it here if anyone wanted to do something similar.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I didn’t know about this trick.
I feel better that I wasn't the only one! I had no idea the Profilux maintenance mode also triggered the same mode in each light fixture. Going to make pictures so much easier.
My lights were already going well into sunset when I hit the maintenance button. Took this picture, no touch ups done at all.
DSC_0096.JPG

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this work without the Profilux? I have 5 Mitras m, but use Apex. I’m out of town so I can’t check myself.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this work without the Profilux? I have 5 Mitras m, but use Apex. I’m out of town so I can’t check myself.
I'm not sure how to trigger the maintenance mode in the Mitras without using the Profilux. If I have time I may look into that tomorrow.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to trigger the maintenance mode in the Mitras without using the Profilux. If I have time I may look into that tomorrow.

I also programmed one of the maintenance modes to be better for photos and select it on the Mitras themselves thru the onscreen-menus. Just browse and select the mode, re-select to cancel.

I only own a single unit, so I don't know if selecting it one the master selects it on all. I don't control my Mitras thru the Profilux, completely stand-alone.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

What we need it's a light scenes manager without maintenances,
Be able to change current light scene for night, daylight,photo mode or movies (very usefull when you tank is near tv or projector).
Using maintenance is bad idea, When maintenance is activate Profilux not only disable level alarm, it stop many controls.
If you enable maintenance to reduce luminosity to see a 2 hours movies for exemple It's risky to disable overflow protection, ATO, leaks sensors, etc for so long time...

Gael

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also programmed one of the maintenance modes to be better for photos and select it on the Mitras themselves thru the onscreen-menus. Just browse and select the mode, re-select to cancel.

I only own a single unit, so I don't know if selecting it one the master selects it on all. I don't control my Mitras thru the Profilux, completely stand-alone.
If you can activate maintenance mode on a Mitras than it should work just fine. You have to enter the settings on every light fixture, but if the master is in maintenance mode, all of the lights will go to that maintenance mode.

Hi,

What we need it's a light scenes manager without maintenances,
Be able to change current light scene for night, daylight,photo mode or movies (very usefull when you tank is near tv or projector).
Using maintenance is bad idea, When maintenance is activate Profilux not only disable level alarm, it stop many controls.
If you enable maintenance to reduce luminosity to see a 2 hours movies for exemple It's risky to disable overflow protection, ATO, leaks sensors, etc for so long time...

Gael

I use maintenance modes 1 and 2 for things like pump control and disabling protection. The only thing maintenance mode #3 does for me is turn on under sump lighting (non-fuge). The only thing maintenance mode #4 does now is change my light settings.

Your concerns are valid though, it is important to make sure you have everything set up correctly so that no pumps turn off or alarms are disabled if all you want to do is adjust lighting.

wangspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My workaround to date has been to just pick Mitra settings that are photographable during the main 7 hours they are at max, and adjust shutter speeds to eliminate or reduce camera sync issues.

According to GCC composer, I’m around 15K for color. These are straight from my a6500, no edits other than crop for some. Granted, most of my pictures were bad, but that’s mostly because fish are uncooperative camera subjects.

3a3362747ccad98c8682d1b360e0c12c.jpg

39e1cca7f1930a665bb5a6bbafb6cab1.jpg

006740129caa05d971854202af794f73.jpg

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My workaround to date has been to just pick Mitra settings that are photographable during the main 7 hours they are at max, and adjust shutter speeds to eliminate or reduce camera sync issues.

According to GCC composer, I’m around 15K for color. These are straight from my a6500, no edits other than crop for some. Granted, most of my pictures were bad, but that’s mostly because fish are uncooperative camera subjects.

3a3362747ccad98c8682d1b360e0c12c.jpg

39e1cca7f1930a665bb5a6bbafb6cab1.jpg

006740129caa05d971854202af794f73.jpg
Nice pictures!

I'm lucky that my Nikon doesn't seem to have the sync issues that would make the photo mode necessary. Unfortunately, that can't be controlled via maintenance modes.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back