Making aquarium resolutions for the New Year: What are your plans for 2023?

What are your aquarium resolutions for 2023?

• Regular water testing

Votes: 88 33.2%
  • Regular water changes

Votes: 71 26.8%
  • Regular equipment maintenance

Votes: 57 21.5%
  • Getting peace/maturity in my reef tank

Votes: 154 58.1%
  • Saving for and buying new equipment

Votes: 80 30.2%
  • Other

Votes: 41 15.5%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Making aquarium resolutions for the New Year: What are your plans for 2023?

It is time for New Year’s resolutions and we all know that beautiful reef tanks don’t just happen. Have you made any resolutions this year to take your reefing to the next level? Maybe more water testing or water changes? Maybe you are saving up for new equipment or planning to do regular maintenance on the equipment that you already have? What resolutions have you made, or do you not make any resolutions? Let’s talk about those resolutions in the thread below!

Denadi_ROTM.jpeg

Photo by @Roberto Denadai

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the big refugium/sump I DIY'd for my reef tank. My resolution is to do the same but less intrusive/ugly for my predator tank. I'm trying to motivate myself by stipulating that I'm not allowed to buy my next dream fish till I finish this.
IMG_5461.jpeg

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BIG goal is to let my tank grow and mature. I am excited to let my macro algae spread around my tank a bit more. So far the fish really like it. My clowns I would even say LOVE it. I often find one of them hanging out in the large fern-like leaves. I already have a few spots of coralline algae starting on my glass which is both shocking and wonderful! I didn't expect that so fast. I am excited though to nurture my tank this year and see how things look at the end of the year compared to now.

Some smaller goals include getting all of my equipment set up. My ATO & reservoir, my protein skimmer, my refugium/fuge light, things like that. I ordered a really nice lid to use instead of having a bunch of acrylic sheets on top to keep fish from jumping lol.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished syphoning out detritus, and moving a gorgonian frag to a new place in preparation of some new feather dusters, a gorg and some cheato coming.

Other than that the only plan for 2023 is to make a new screen top and letting the tank continue to mature.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the two years I have accumulated most of the equipment I need, I might get a controller but my pressing issue is to replace the corals I lost during my vacation. My sister is NOT a good tank sitter lol

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal in 2022 was to get to a stable state with my 200 gallon zero-waterchange mixed reef. I had some challenges along the way, but I've never been happier with the tank and things are really looking great.

My goals in 2023 are to maintain the stability I have while finishing my fish and coral stocking plans (only a few more things to add!), and switch over to a calcium reactor once my all-for-reef usage exceeds 200ml a day (~120ml now).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have goals in 2023… I need help trying to find goals, maybe to fill in some more of the rock with corals? Oh wait, I do that anyway… hmmm, maybe I need to think some more.

EakTheFreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is for everything to survive. 3-1/2 year old and now a 1 month old and I return to work tomorrow from paternity leave.

I do medical device sales so I’m extremely busy. I want to hit my maintenance goals of water changes, ICP test every other month, GFO/carbon changing & Nopox dosing while monitoring Nitrate & phosphate.

Luckily I have a trident and a dos to assist with ALK & Calcium.

The only other thing I would line to add this year is Dosing Kalkwasser for increased PH & to take away some of my 2 part dosing!!!

Happy New Year & Happy Reefing!!

Ohhh, I also have to do all that and make sure I stay married!!!

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping to get out of the ugly stage and get some more stability in my tank.

I have really high phosphates now after battling no phosphates. I’ll admit the hair algae is much better than the Dino’s I had, but I’m hoping I can dial in stability and get the tank looking pristine.

First stop on that journey is saving up to buy a skimmer, which I also hope will help raise my tank pH a bit further.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main goal is to solve a parameter issue my tank has been having. These problems have caused ongoing deaths among my corals, especially my euphyllia. I managed to lower the phosphates, which was initially at levels so high they were unreadable. Of course, the frequent RODI water changes bottomed out nitrates. Now I am slowly raising those levels. Of course, even as things begin to look normal, corals, especially my frogspawns, continue to perish. So now it’s become more of a mystery that I am forever trying to solve. Thus, my resolution is to find the main culprit of my sudden inability to keep stony corals.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back