Mangrove help?

persvensson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2024
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Location
sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my little mangrove, and have had it for about a month, not the leafs start to brown, and don’t know what I’m doing wrong, a had a couple rots braking of in transit but I did as recommended and glued them with Reef safe super glue, what can I do to save my tree? Should I pot it instead? Any suggestions?

IMG_5793.jpeg IMG_5792.jpeg
 
Hi

It seems like low levels of nutrients I would test nitrates phosphates magnesium calcium and potassium. I wouldn't glue anything in a mangrove. For now just check the nutrients and if low add more.


Regards,
 
Glueing can work, however can’t really see how you set your mangrove. Few will have success without some planning. Most important is how your mangrove starting rooting, saltwater or freshwater? I’m not optimistic, from what I see, that you will have success.
 
Red mangroves with root damage will die in salt water. You may want to put it in fresh water, once it recover then change it slowly to salt water.
Because Red mangroves root system is what keep the plant from take up salt in the water, damages to the roots are extremely detrimental.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new