manifold help

nealio992000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, I want to create a manifold just before the water returns back into the tank, now I'm a newbie regarding plumbing but do research alot, I've sketched a few ideas but am not sure of some of the parts names and the measurement I'd need. it's a red sea reefer 350,the return pipe is a consistent 1" outside diameter. I'm basically wanting to create what I already have but add a t-piece. will I need to build a replica outside the tank or can some parts be salvaged. will it be able to screw straight onto existing union thing pictured? ,any ideas welcome especially naming the coloured parts

20200514_192015.jpg 20200514_153341.jpg 20200514_113324.jpg 20200514_105618.jpg

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @nealio992000 from what I can see you're going to need to cut the pipe. Cut it as close to the elbow as possible in order to have material to work with. If you have never worked with PVC it's not difficult, I suggest you dry fit all your pieces to make sure they will work for what you're trying to do. Good luck!

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plumbing is already modified from stock. The stock plumbing and the piece that screws onto the bulkheads on the bottom of the Reefer are not easy to find, so don’t do anything that destroys that, otherwise you’ll have to scramble to order some parts.

The good news is the previous owner (or whoever did it) left enough room for you to cut the 1” pvc pipe at the elbow, allowing enough of the pipe exposed for you to attach an adapter to it and do what you are envisioning.

if you’ve never worked with PVC before, either watch a bunch of videos or get some help. It’s not hard though. Good luck!

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more tip is if you’re trying to have the ball valve handle fine adjustments of flow to your manifold, you’ll be better served by a gate valve. Also, don’t buy the cheap stuff (valves) at Home Depot. Get quality valves, trust me. They are a lot more expensive, but at least they’ll work in a year.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back