Manner's Nano in 90 Build..

Manners

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
160
Reaction score
5
Location
Central Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to the site but since I'm starting a side project nano I might as well join in on the fun!


What I have so far:

5 gallon tank ($35 Walmart special!)
Powerfilter
Cheap-o Hood
Sand
Base Rock

What I need to buy:

Clip on LED light
Heater
Small Powerhead for light flow

I plan on keeping a Mantis Shrimp (haven't decided on species yet) and a small fish, most likely a Damsel. I will also be keeping Zoa's as they are hardy and can withstand the Mantis' movement!

photo5-1.jpg

photo4.jpg



I will be taking my rock from my main tank which is still dry and very much not live. I may seed the tank with some liverock rubble from my LFS. The best part about nano tanks is the small water changes! :D
 
Aquarium Lighting & LED Lights: Marineland Single Bright LED Lighting Systemhis is the lighting system I will be ordering tomorrow once I get to work. Great price, and will work great for my tank.
 
If you're going with a mantis in a tank that small I would say to go with N. wennerae. They're easy to find in florida since they are a Caribbean species and come in on our live rock. They're green and stay small and have great personalities. :)
 
If you're going with a mantis in a tank that small I would say to go with N. wennerae. They're easy to find in florida since they are a Caribbean species and come in on our live rock. They're green and stay small and have great personalities. :)

I definitely have decided with the N. Wennerae, Tampa Bay Saltwater will ship them to my door for $50, which isn't bad! That leaves a lot of room for nice exotic Zoas! I have decided against a fish though, I keep forgetting that Damsels still get pretty big. Last night I found a 50lb bag of salt, LED lighting, mini heater, and a full testing kit for 80 bucks shipped so I will be placing that order today!
 
good luck in the comp cant wait to see what the tank looks like when finished
 
Alright!! Lookin' good! Welcome to R2R!! Can't wait to see your progress!!
 
Cool and welcome to the contest! Looking forward to it!
 
How's your nano coming along? We haven't heard from you in a while...:bigsmile:

-M&T
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new