Manual for Coral Box Moon Led

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm swedish and my english might not be some so good. but I hope most of this text is worth reading anyway.

When I bought new lighting (Coral Box Moon LED) for my new aquarium , I thought about a better manual on how to connect these to router if you want to be able to control multiple at the same time. Or if you just want to use one.

1. Unpack your lighting, mount it on the edge of the aquarium with a gooseneck bracket that comes with or hang it up. Both gooseneck and bracket for hanging included.

2. Connect the lighting with the supplied transformer.

3. Download the Aqua Led app in the App Store or Google Play Store.

4. NOTE!! The following steps are if you have one lamp or if you want to control each lamp separately!! Continue to step 7 to connect more lights via your router. Be sure to have the wi-fi plug on your phone or tablet. Then go to the wi-fi settings in your phone or tablet and search for the lamp. The name of the lamp is on the back of it just where the gooseneck bracket is, select it and connect.

5. Launch the Aqua Led app you previously downloaded.

6. Select the "Wireless" tab in the top left. Then select "Search for device" if you only have one lamp you want to control. After a while, your lamp will appear in a list below. Check the Box on the left side and you are connected. After this you can go back to the main page of the app and either choose the button with the finger for manual settings or the button with the clock to program up to 24 points at a time and how many percent of the six different channels will light up.

7. This step is for those who want to connect more than one lamp via a router and have the same programs on them!! You must then press the reset button on the lamp for 10 seconds (see image where it is). The green LED on the front of the lamp should flash twice and then vary between orange and green. You must do this on all lamps you want to control via your router.

8. Launch the Aqua Led app you previously downloaded.

NOTE!! Check your router!! If you have a router that transmits on two different bands (2,4ghz and 5ghz), it only works at 2.4ghz!!

9. Select the "Wireless" tab in the top left. Then select "Add wi-fi connection". Select the network connection you want to use and click "Connect" after twenty seconds press "Stop" and return to "Wireless." There you now choose "Search for device". If you now have three lamps then all of these will come up after a while. Click the checker for each lamp and you will now be ready to program the lamp as you want it.

Have fun!!

Christian

2017-08-14 21.02.12.jpg

2017-08-15 21.31.03.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these be controlled without a phone?
Like by hand?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can these be controlled by hand?

OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Sorry.. no. You will need a smartphone or tablet at least the first time when you want to make your schedule for how they will work. Then after that you wont need it.. but it is prefferable when you want to do changes to your light.

/Christian

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

Sorry.. no. You will need a smartphone or tablet at least the first time when you want to make your schedule for how they will work. Then after that you wont need it.. but it is prefferable when you want to do changes to your light.

/Christian
Thank you for the information. How do you like it?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now when i’ve got used to them i think they are great! Right now i have them at a maximum of 70%. Attached a pic of how it looks.
80AAD109-399A-4ACE-93D6-0A85D7501B16.jpeg
Those look really strong. What size is that tank?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have good spread?

Osopecoso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. New here. I just got an innovative marine 10 fusion with this light. Problems setting up this light. Cannot find it on my network. I tried instructions above along with several other suggestions.

OP
OP
Christian_N

Christian_N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. New here. I just got an innovative marine 10 fusion with this light. Problems setting up this light. Cannot find it on my network. I tried instructions above along with several other suggestions.

Hi!

You’ve tried to just search for the lamp in your wi-fi settings on your phone? What I get from what you’r saying you only have one?

/Christian

Osopecoso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

You’ve tried to just search for the lamp in your wi-fi settings on your phone? What I get from what you’r saying you only have one?

/Christian
Yes, nowhere in the WiFi settings. I can only see my networks/ssid. Yesterday I saw it but not this morning.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back