Marine Pure Algae?

KCSUMPS

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2018
Messages
453
Reaction score
493
Location
Overland Park
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does everyone let algae grown on the marine pure plates or do you scrape/sponge it off? I am assuming to keep the 'pores' open I need to get it off...
 
I let it grow on mine. It got long and wavy then started to break off and float away. It got caught up in my baffle sponge and I tossed it out. As of now, it's clear with some coraline algae growing on it in places. I do have a few hermits and snails down in my sump so maybe then cleaned it off over time.
 
I let it grow on mine. It got long and wavy then started to break off and float away. It got caught up in my baffle sponge and I tossed it out. As of now, it's clear with some coraline algae growing on it in places. I do have a few hermits and snails down in my sump so maybe then cleaned it off over time.
Excellent. Thank you. I will go awhile and see what happens...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new