Not open for further replies.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry goods and live goods!

We are about to open up our market in a beta phase and are looking for people to help us test it by selling an item or items. The "beta buyer pool" of members will come from the supporting members to kick off the beta testing so this is JUST FOR SELLERS!

If you want to be a BETA SELLER you must meet the following requirements.

1. You must not be a commercial seller.

2. You must meet the minimum requirements to sell on our current market forums.
(if you can start a new thread in the market forums you meet this criteria)

3. You must have an item ready to sell NOW either for shipping or local pickup. (we will want you to list the item the day we open)

4. You must have a stripe account or be willing to set up your FREE account in order to create a new listing.

5. You must be willing to share your thoughts and experience to help us iron out bugs and fix issues etc.

If you can agree to the criteria please make a post here and we will upgrade your account so when the market goes live you can add your new item. The plan is to open for testing tomorrow!

Thank you.

MARKETPLACE.jpg
Am I eligible?? I have some California Rainbow BTAs to sell.

Leiph86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sign me up! Do you have any idea about when the new market will be available so we can have our items cleaned with good pictures by that window?

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are about to open up our market in a beta phase and are looking for people to help us test it by selling an item or items. The "beta buyer pool" of members will come from the supporting members to kick off the beta testing so this is JUST FOR SELLERS!

3. You must have an item ready to sell NOW either for shipping or local pickup. (we will want you to list the item the day we open)

4. You must have a stripe account or be willing to set up your FREE account in order to create a new listing.

5. You must be willing to share your thoughts and experience to help us iron out bugs and fix issues etc.

If you can agree to the criteria please make a post here and we will upgrade your account so when the market goes live you can add your new item. The plan is to open for testing tomorrow!

Thank you.

MARKETPLACE.jpg
Me please! :)

Jilly92

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a google search and saw what looks like something more geared to business.
Plus it still has a fee similar to paypal.
I'm not seeing any advantage
Why not venmo? Its free and I think most people have it

Veteran Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you.

MARKETPLACE.jpg
I wouldn't mind being able to sell on R2R.

Coachp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sign me up! I have a full racks and nowhere to sell.

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0

Thank you.

MARKETPLACE.jpg
I am in! but it shows I do not have permission. Everyone loves my Phyto!

Seamore2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading through all this, I'm still unclear about the reason for and advantage of this particular selling place versus the ones we already have on R2R. What is the point of this one as opposed to the current R2R selling forums?

Will the new selling forum be more visible to buyers? Will it be easier to search and sort for items? Is there some sort of buyer and seller protection (i.e. against fraud) than in the current selling forums?

I've got no kick against the idea of a new selling forum, but just don't see what its raison d'etre is.

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not venmo? Its free and I think most people have it
Venmo is trash imo( I use that and cash app for let's say my other hobby that involves clean water and expensive lighting...alot of fraud imo. @Jilly92 pp and stripe require ssn id or bank card to be linked(zelle is crappy too)so if you get ripped off or are someone shady trying to rip people off its alot harder for fraudulent sales and you will get reimbursed as buyer or fined and banned from pp if you did something you wernt supposed to as a seller (friends and family is a way alot of people get around this and run money schemes...smh but I think stripe will be a better option because it will cut out alot of taxes associated with sales and the seller will be able to cut better deals as they're not getting raked over the coals and taxes here or there

Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back