Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, very beautiful.

Beautiful tank thanks for the update!

Thankyou both!

I took a test video with the new camera, 1080P @ 60fps. I call it test because the presentation is horrible, just a sloppy handheld tour, but I am impressed by the quality of the image compared to my older D3100. I used a free PC program calls ShotCut to color balance. Still a little too blue/purple but close.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still going strong, growth and colors are much improved. I lost my favorite pink acro for unknown reasons. In the past I might have reacted but I let it die without doing any significant changes. It didn't like something, not sure what.

Y07WWHB.jpg

dflSJDX.jpg

Blue only
TebvHsy.jpg

3AfKE8k.jpg

04XAxpd.jpg

acQOwqy.jpg

01l6Xsc.jpg

TN8CR0o.jpg

OmrkpOX.jpg

Blue only
3hR1sQC.jpg
Love these photos!!

Pife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou both!

I took a test video with the new camera, 1080P @ 60fps. I call it test because the presentation is horrible, just a sloppy handheld tour, but I am impressed by the quality of the image compared to my older D3100. I used a free PC program calls ShotCut to color balance. Still a little too blue/purple but close.

Test video looks great Mark.

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your illumination? What combination of led and t5 do you use?

It's a 60" ATI NanoBox T5 hybrid fixture with NanoBox v3.1 arrays. Bulb combo is 2 blue+ and 2 coral+. T5's on for 7 hours, LEDs (mostly blue) on for 10 with an hour ramp on each end for a full 12 hour cycle. In the image below the light blue line is cyan, blue, and violet channels.

QnroC87l.png

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 60" ATI NanoBox T5 hybrid fixture with NanoBox v3.1 arrays. Bulb combo is 2 blue+ and 2 coral+. T5's on for 7 hours, LEDs (mostly blue) on for 10 with an hour ramp on each end for a full 12 hour cycle. In the image below the light blue line is cyan, blue, and violet channels.

QnroC87l.png

Do you also use a led bar?

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mark, your tank is really in the zone! Didn't know you had a thread over here too. Have to follow both of them now :)

Everything looks amazing!

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark, your tank is really in the zone! Didn't know you had a thread over here too. Have to follow both of them now :)

Everything looks amazing!

Thanks Cody, I'm not as active over here but the new board software and all the articles and other features are really starting to grow on me. :D

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to post some comparison shots since it's been a full year since my tank first started recovering from months and months of issues. I believe my biggest problem with the tank was continuing to make changes and not understanding how important stability is to acros that are not healthy. It was only after I stopped making changes and settled into a routine that the tank really started to turn around.

I did use interceptor at the very end due to posds, or bugs, that appeared to be eating some of the SPS flesh. These bugs were killed and the tank did improve, but I don't think the bugs were a primary cause of any of my issues. Lack of those bugs did give the stressed corals time to repair, which might be just as important and something to consider if you're stubborn like me and refuse to start over. :)

The size that some of these corals have grown in one year is amazing.

SvQX4Akh.jpg

5sUObDzh.jpg

--

GXOgvo7h.jpg

U1dAuDph.jpg

--

ClmpEdCh.jpg

N923rNyh.jpg

--

V3SBn1jh.jpg

v7usoeBh.jpg

--

Z8BaV3Gh.jpg

NgINGeOh.jpg

--

qv5Wjjfh.jpg

lSHNfQ5h.jpg

--

bJAruIgh.jpg

9vf3CVph.jpg

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to post some comparison shots since it's been a full year since my tank first started recovering from months and months of issues. I believe my biggest problem with the tank was continuing to make changes and not understanding how important stability is to acros that are not healthy. It was only after I stopped making changes and settled into a routine that the tank really started to turn around.

I did use interceptor at the very end due to posds, or bugs, that appeared to be eating some of the SPS flesh. These bugs were killed and the tank did improve, but I don't think the bugs were a primary cause of any of my issues. Lack of those bugs did give the stressed corals time to repair, which might be just as important and something to consider if you're stubborn like me and refuse to start over. :)

The size that some of these corals have grown in one year is amazing.

SvQX4Akh.jpg

5sUObDzh.jpg

--

GXOgvo7h.jpg

U1dAuDph.jpg

--

ClmpEdCh.jpg

N923rNyh.jpg

--

V3SBn1jh.jpg

v7usoeBh.jpg

--

Z8BaV3Gh.jpg

NgINGeOh.jpg

--

qv5Wjjfh.jpg

lSHNfQ5h.jpg

--

bJAruIgh.jpg

9vf3CVph.jpg

Grow fantastic ... how did the reef run this year?

OP
OP
markalot

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow fantastic ... how did the reef run this year?

How high are your lights from the water?

I'm very sorry I did not see these replies ... it's been months. :eek:

Lights are about 18 inches above the water line but it's a very deep tank.

Things have gone well this year, no significant mistakes except for the Xenia which needs trimmed on a regular basis.

2 tank shots and a video. Look at that slimer would ya. :D

wQnWGeH.jpg

acBref5.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Mark it's quite a while since I've seen an update of your tank things look absolutely stunning! Nice work sir!

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished reading your whole thread. It was incredible to see you push through all the downhills you had with the tank to end up with such a beautiful tank now!!

Can’t wait to see what the future holds for this reef!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back