Maroon clown

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large maroon clown probably 3-4 years old, I’ve always kept him in his own aquarium with one other fish, a lawnmower blenny.
My maroon clownfish is very mean and aggressive so I’ve been hesitant to move him into another tank with other fish.
I’d like to move him into my 90 gallon tank and wonder if I add him last after I’ve added all the other fish first if he might not be as territorial and aggressive towards my other fish?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
in theory it should work I did the same and it worked. However results may vary.

I agree, it should work. I have seen clownfish fixate on certain things such as another fish, an invertebrate, a rock, or even the hand that feeds it. Of course, there are certain clownfish that seem to be mad at the world and go after anything and everything on a whim. If there are other clownfish your chances will likely go down. You may want to start by using an acclimation box to introduce the clown to the tank and then keep an eye on it after it is turned loose in the tank. Good luck with whatever you choose!

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably ok in a 90 but depends on the fish you have in there. My 9 yr maroon is huge and been very docile but has always had nems and my fish are also semi aggressive tang angels butterflies gramma

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back