Maroon Crab Hitchhikers?

cinnamon_lover

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
12
Location
Philippines
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So uhm, I actually posted about this one the other day. But I now have clearer pictures of these tiny 'maroon / brown' crab hitchhikers. They are only ¾ to an inch in size and their 'shells' are full of bumps. I assume some of them are females because I can see them carrying black eggs underneath. Hoping I can finally get the exact ID of these critters; and if they are reef/fish safe or not. Thanks.
20220701_113500_20220701114343270.jpg
20220701_113517.jpg 20220701_113410.jpg 20220701_113444.jpg
 
1656659957987.png

hi, welcome to the reef... :)
I believe you have gorilla crabs there ,not reef safe.

google image ,not mine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new