Maroon Lagoon V2.0

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch man, that is rough! Bad things always happen when out of town!

I am running by Ty’s soon for some frags, wanted to replace the red dragon and sarmentosa from you that I lost when my nutrients were zero, how are those doing?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am running by Ty’s soon for some frags, wanted to replace the red dragon and sarmentosa from you that I lost when my nutrients were zero, how are those doing?
He's selling a giant colony of red dragon so I think its doing pretty well. His colony got so big it cleaved in half so he's selling the half. The sarmentosa is bulletproof and looked great the last time I was over there.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Swing by and grab some. Or tell Ty to text me when you're there and I'll bring it over to his place [emoji16]

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swing by and grab some. Or tell Ty to text me when you're there and I'll bring it over to his place [emoji16]

Great, I’m glad you didn’t have a total loss...but losing that confetti is rough! If I came home to the walt Disney, pikachu, and solar flares white I would be very upset.

I’ll probably snag that colony of red dragon, how much?

Edit, just saw it on ARC...I don’t need that big of a Colony, lol. I’ll take one of the “healthy” branches ;)

Last edited:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing your rainfordi gobies I decided to buy two from live aquaria. I received them this past Tuesday. One came in dead and the other I never seen until tonight for a quick sec. I'm hoping it becomes less shy. I'm gonna have them ship out another one and I hope I have the same luck you had with them not killing each other.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing your rainfordi gobies I decided to buy two from live aquaria. I received them this past Tuesday. One came in dead and the other I never seen until tonight for a quick sec. I'm hoping it becomes less shy. I'm gonna have them ship out another one and I hope I have the same luck you had with them not killing each other.

Bummer! Well I hope they work well together, I enjoy watching them interact. Sometimes they're nice and hang out together, other times they're territorial. Always something new going on with those two in their little world of drama [emoji38]

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a rainford, and a couple other tiny gobies after seeing your tank. The kids love to sit in front of the tank and try and find them!

Thanks for the Red Dragon and Sarmentosa today! They floated in the sump for an hour or so while I cooked and ate dinner, the. Got dipped and put in the tank. Sarmentosa looks POd, but it did that last time and then looked great a couple weeks later. This time I will be keeping a closer eye on nutrients and won’t let them bottom out again!

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a rainford, and a couple other tiny gobies after seeing your tank. The kids love to sit in front of the tank and try and find them!

Thanks for the Red Dragon and Sarmentosa today! They floated in the sump for an hour or so while I cooked and ate dinner, the. Got dipped and put in the tank. Sarmentosa looks POd, but it did that last time and then looked great a couple weeks later. This time I will be keeping a closer eye on nutrients and won’t let them bottom out again!

Small fish is the way to go! People always comment on my tank how fun it is how they keep finding new things in my tank the longer they stand in front of it. All part of the magic of a reef tank. Best of luck with the corals, if the sarmentosa kicks the bucket let me know, I have a backup frag on my rack just in case.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update (sort of related to my tank) I have decided to remodel the fish room and move things around/add a frag tank. Some progression shots so far. I'm still a far ways off from getting the room fully operational again, but it feels good to be this far and ready to start building a new stand for a frag tank.
Before
2e1f4d94726ff8ea014914ba02a444bc.jpg

Current condition:
90f8fed6b4bf7837add3264fcb561cfb.jpg

I also added a couple of new additions to the tank today. Went to a LFS and saw a gold torch and this gorgeous goni and I couldn't say no [emoji5] I'm hoping the goni survives, something in my water hasn't agreed with gonis in the past few months and half of mind bleached and receded away, the rest are hardly hanging on. I'm hoping another large water change after I replaced my DI and carbon will help.
02fe84c8d0e8bce07abc3b7718426215.jpg

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Goni's but never had much luck till this last one I bought. It was a commercially grown frag so don't know if that makes a difference. It has grown and is healthy so far. Good luck! They add such great movement and color. That's a beauty you have.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goni is still kicking and looks gorgeous. Thought I would share in case it kicks the bucket unexpectedly.
3439485ce4b7793089399b3f10f04d68.jpg

I don't know if any of you have experienced this, but my squamosa clam has stopped growing new scutes and I don't really understand why. My nutrients aren't too low, PO4 is between 0.06-0.09 ppm these days and my NO3 is 24-32 ppm, so I feel like that would normally be enough. I also feed the tank pretty heavily with frozen food and dried plankton. My SPS grow just fine, so I am still scratching my head on this one. I take the clam out to feed once in a while. Today it's in a bath of phyto and oyster feast for about an hour. Too much???
cab99d535f2c98d36d47a19c1fbed94b.jpg

139cf7a61f08a96db6e7298fc515d941.jpg

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome! Nice scape. Fish look happy as clams. Pun intended. Hehe :)

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started working on a frag tank on the 4th of July. Progress is surprisingly good when you don't have to travel all week for work!
24886acba4ab14858f74d6504f588f95.jpg

This piano finish I added to my work top is almost too pretty to use! Now I'm afraid I'm going to get it messy and scratched [emoji38]
803bb3f4d147793edcd4e0b98a74e53d.jpg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looked like a low boy. I’m not sure if this is his first one but my tank as well as others didn’t have caulk all the way in the top corners, so it was leaking. It’s probably a good idea to check before filling it so you he can fix it.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looked like a low boy. I’m not sure if this is his first one but my tank as well as others didn’t have caulk all the way in the top corners, so it was leaking. It’s probably a good idea to check before filling it so you he can fix it.

Thanks bud, I'll check it for sure! Pretty excited about getting a frag tank up and running to create some space in my DT. Thanks for the constant encouragement @FarmerTy

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back