OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to add new frags in place of the ones you removed? If so, what do you have in mind?

You got to get Ty to start you over with a confetti, lol.
Yeah, I think my tank is finally ready for it too. @FarmerTy was even here earlier today and he didn't even bring it with him!!

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think my tank is finally ready for it too. @FarmerTy was even here earlier today and he didn't even bring it with him!!
His wife had to offer me the beer... Not him. So I left the frag in my pocket. Decided he wasn't ready for it.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to offer! She just beat me to it. I was waiting for the next 1st down opportunity [emoji12]
And she baked me chocolate chip cookies last night... Why am I even friends with you? I'm going to see if she wants to catch a beer next weekend and talk about corals.

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And she baked me chocolate chip cookies last night... Why am I even friends with you? I'm going to see if she wants to catch a beer next weekend and talk about corals.

Haha good luck! I’ve been trying to talk to her about corals for years. It lasts about 4 words and she loses interest. But best of luck with that!

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to @FarmerTy I have a replacement piece of the Vivids Confetti I brought back from LA almost exactly a year ago. Starting the clock over again now! Let’s see how it grows this year under the new lights!

39b9b5615d5002af9573d306b70e92bf.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to @FarmerTy I have a replacement piece of the Vivids Confetti I brought back from LA almost exactly a year ago. Starting the clock over again now! Let’s see how it grows this year under the new lights!

Hey, did you steal that today when I wasn't looking? [emoji51]

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it grows as fast as your last one did it will be a colony in no time!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, uhhh, I just bought this second frag from Vivid Aquariums this week! Brand new purchase, definitely not sourced locally!

Dude, give us a heads up next time he is coming 'round, let the Mrs distract him with beer and baking, ... it leaves his tank unguarded, start saving bags!? :p

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, give us a heads up next time he is coming 'round, let the Mrs distract him with beer and baking, ... it leaves his tank unguarded, start saving bags!? :p
Good, while he's stealing from my tank, I'm going to grab a couple goodies from his tank while he's preoccupied!

OP
OP
gig 'em

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I noticed that there was some salt creep coming down from one of the return bulkheads of my tank. The bulkheads Marineland included with the tank are spigot style so I had hose clamped the return lines to them. I guess the wiggle of the manifold cracked the bulkhead and when I went to check the tubing this happened...
f5dc40acf8752ef0f0e4de2ae1fb38c8.jpg

I didn’t even pull that hard! I guess I’m lucky it happened while I had the return pump off, but it still made a mess and was not how I wanted to spend my Friday evening as I was winding down to relax with a drink. Two separate trips to HD and Lowe’s and I got it repaired with a new bulkhead, reducers, and unions to get it back up and running.

I was a little shocked at how much detritus and junk had built up in my overflow. I had to completely drain it and dry it to get the new bulkhead in. Here’s the cup of gunk I drained out of the overflow
e21dc1a62dcf7208ab36cd47c4022dc7.jpg

I definitely never want to have a bottom drilled tank or deep overflows like this EVER again. Any future build will be drilled in the back utilizing solid bulkheads and plumbing. I should have bought my own bulkheads instead of using the cheap ones that Marineland provided with the tank. Hindsight is always 20/20... [emoji20]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back