MarvinsReef Zoanthid Dominated Reef...

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a colony from Bryan that has grown to about 100 polyps that look real simular to those.....They kinda look like the ones JGoslee calls Purple Kisses too. I am just wondering if or which ones I have...

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a colony from Bryan that has grown to about 100 polyps that look real simular to those.....They kinda look like the ones JGoslee calls Purple Kisses too. I am just wondering if or which ones I have...

ah I see... :)

I'll see if I can dig up where they came from... and I'll pm you or post it here..

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just needed to add these new guys to the journal.. they're really close to my Sunshines (which I've lost unfortunately) :(

as of 03-10-07...
OrangePalys.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice of course Marv! ;)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
left upper section of the tank....
Tank_1.jpg

right upper section of the tank....
Tank_2.jpg

center mid section of the tank....
Tank_3.jpg

left lower section of the tank...
Tank_4.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
favorite shot since it included some of my very favorite pieces... very close to the last pic but it shows the colonies I'm having decent success on... :D

Tank_5.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Marv have you noticed better growth since you added the MH? Also what type/size bulb are you using?

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a sweet picture right there man, need to move those 3 high dollar purty water bubbles in the back. J/keddin :) awesome pic marv

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marv have you noticed better growth since you added the MH? Also what type/size bulb are you using?
Rev, now that you pointed that out.. I guess I've had better growth with the new lighting for sure... I'm running a 250w MH pendant w/ 14k Phoenix bulbs... again, thanks ficklefins for hookin' it up.. :)
thats a sweet picture right there man, need to move those 3 high dollar purty water bubbles in the back. J/keddin :) awesome pic marv
oh yeah, I'm growing them puppies and should be my next LE's.. ;)
That PPE colony looks bigger every time I see it!
Thanks man... yeah, I'm hoping they get to around 40 in 2-3 months.. I have close to 25 now.. we'll see if that'll happen.. <<crossing fingers>>

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My colony was up to around 14 polyps. I decided to make it into three small colonys of 4-5 polyps each. I'm hoping that by fragging them they wil start producing more babies. I also moved 2 of the frags into the back corner in the shade. This is to see if I can get the dark purple color back in them.

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My colony was up to around 14 polyps. I decided to make it into three small colonys of 4-5 polyps each. I'm hoping that by fragging them they wil start producing more babies. I also moved 2 of the frags into the back corner in the shade. This is to see if I can get the dark purple color back in them.

awesome man... I'm sure they will have a couple of babies as a survival response... yeah, you should chronicle what happens with the ones you moved in the back corner... to see how long it takes for them to turn purple again or how the new babies look... looking forward to seeing progression shots of them... good luck man... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a watermelon chalice hiding in the back corner.

man, I wish!! great eye though.. it's actually a AE Echino that's been growing really for me also.. my tubs AE and Tyree Watermelon are being babysat by a friend that has an Echino dominated reef... I plan on pickin' them up soon.. my watermelon is really small and hasn't done much since I got it last year.. it has receded many times and came back to it's original size.. about 1/3 of a small frag plug.. ;)

I'll try my luck with it again.. my friend did a really good job getting it back into shape so I hope it will like my tank conditions now... :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Marv did you have the Watermelon in the tank with the MH or was this before?

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a watermelon chalice hiding in the back corner.

You name it more than not marv has it. :D All he needs is another tank.
I think marv should be the founding father of the I need no more corals club.
I have to join that club i am sick too, But it looks as marv has fallen off the wagon. I think a meeting is in order. I have to bowl tonight marv, But tomarrow will work. I have one of gflats frags for you anyways.

Remember marv, I only tease the people i like. :)

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, I wish!! great eye though.. it's actually a AE Echino that's been growing really for me also.. my tubs AE and Tyree Watermelon are being babysat by a friend that has an Echino dominated reef... I plan on pickin' them up soon.. my watermelon is really small and hasn't done much since I got it last year.. it has receded many times and came back to it's original size.. about 1/3 of a small frag plug.. ;)

I'll try my luck with it again.. my friend did a really good job getting it back into shape so I hope it will like my tank conditions now... :D

Did you monitor you MG? I have about 20 years worth of homemade MG supplement. LMK if you want some of it. I'll send ya home with some premade.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back