OP
titoreefs

titoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for the right model to use and experience had with the pump good and bad.

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you need to feed or pull water from CaRx?
My is pulling water and is working like a champ, I forget it after I set it up, no not problem with effluent

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use one. It's an old beat up brush motor model but it works and the noise level isn't terrible. The stability you get is worth the cost. Mine pulls through the reactor. It's a single chamber GEO so it's basically run reverse its original intended design

OP
OP
titoreefs

titoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone direct me to a specific model apropiate for a ca reactor.
Mine is a dbl stage unit.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Single or double doesn't matter. A feed pump is a feed pump. I recommend reading the large thread over at RC. All the model numbers are covered in detail there.

I use one and wouldn't run a calrx another way.

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on the other Forums, that shall not be named.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeracer619
7523-20 = brushed 6-600rpm
7523-50 = brushed .6-100rpm
7523-60 = brushless 6-600rpm
7523-70 = brushless .6-100rpm

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many other models that work to, just look for that 6-600rpm or 1-600rpm or 10-600rpm range. Brushless are better, digital are better too. Various heads are available but easy load are easiest lol.

Btw, does anyone know anything about these? Are they actually rated for continuous use? They look pretty sweet. Pacific sun calciumrx feed pump:

Pacific Sun CalcFeeder PRO Controller unit(with dosing/feed pump) - Calcium Reactors
http://www.pacificsun-usa.com/calcfeeder-pro-controller-unit-with-dosing-feed-pump.html

d78550efd317fa3d4c3d33723f4b2e95.jpg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked into getting one of those. I PM’d a member over on RC who ran it as a stand-alone for a little while. He ended up ditching it and got a Masterflex. What he didn’t like was that it ran like a traditional dosing pump, it would run for a bit, then turn off, then run for a bit again. It was also quite loud, like a DOS.

I recently picked up a Watson Marlow 505S on eBay for a great deal and this thing is dead silent at the speeds needed to run a CaRx. Watson Marlows are also industrial continuous duty variable speed pumps that make a great alternative to Masterflex pumps.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/watson-marlow-peristaltic-pumps-for-calcium-reactors.289356/

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a basic masterflex off eBay for $150 four years ago and it's worked like a charm. Not necessarily quiet, but it's in a basement fish room.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked into getting one of those. I PM’d a member over on RC who ran it as a stand-alone for a little while. He ended up ditching it and got a Masterflex. What he didn’t like was that it ran like a traditional dosing pump, it would run for a bit, then turn off, then run for a bit again. It was also quite loud, like a DOS.

I recently picked up a Watson Marlow 505S on eBay for a great deal and this thing is dead silent at the speeds needed to run a CaRx. Watson Marlows are also industrial continuous duty variable speed pumps that make a great alternative to Masterflex pumps.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/watson-marlow-peristaltic-pumps-for-calcium-reactors.289356/

I picked a CalcFeeder up about 6 weeks ago. Works well and seems well built. The user manual is really weak.

It is a stepper and and is fixed speed. Volume is adjusted by a variable pulse. The idea bothered me at first, but so far, so good. Time will tell.

It is noisier than a brushless MasterFlex running at low speeeds, but it is in the basement and can't be heard. If it was under the upstairs DT next to my chair, it would be bothersome.

Watson-Marlows are great pumps as are MasterFlex. I have used both at work for decades. They literally last decades. If I had to do over, and could find a good deal, I would go with the Watson-Marlow or MasterFlex.

Hope that helps, Bob

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 7523-80 and 957-0000 head.

It keeps my CaRx amazingly stable. I have it feeding the tank but I also use a maxijet for pressure into the CaRx.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a yet to be released alternative, I spoke with Serdar Ercan of GEO’s Reef at RAP-NY and MACNA-NOLA, and he’s working on developing a CaRx feed pump in conjunction with Spectrapure that will hopefully be released by the holidays.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back