Match me with a wrasse!

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230804_141916.jpg

Hi all I'm ready for some new fish.
Sadly my 12yr old heni butterfly, foxface and bird wrasse had passed in the last year. (My heni just passed yesterday sadly) but these fish were well at the max of their lifespan. My young fish that currently inhabit my 90g FOWLR are a flame hawk, starry blenny, white-tail bristletooth tang and a green mandarin.
I have 2 short spine urchins and some large blue-legged hermits as well.

I would LOVE a melanarus wrasse but have read conflicting info (that they may be okay if hermits are big enough but also may compete with the mandarin for food source) open to suggestions for a beautiful fun wrasse that can be a model citizen in the tank.
I am going to get another heni butterfly as well and probably another foxface too as my husband really liked him.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230804_141916.jpg

Sadly my 12yr old heni butterfly, foxface and bird wrasse had passed in the last year. (My heni just passed yesterday sadly) but these fish were well at the max of their lifespan. My young fish that currently inhabit my 90g FOWLR are a flame hawk, starry blenny, white-tail bristletooth tang and a green mandarin.

I would LOVE a melanarus wrasse but have read conflicting info (that they may be okay if hermits are big enough but also may compete with the mandarin for food source) open to suggestions for a beautiful fun wrasse that can be a model citizen in the tank.
I am going to get another heni butterfly as well and probably another foxface too as my husband really liked him.
Why just one wrasse? Why not 3-4?

I have a 4’x2’x20” tank that’s got 15-16 fish in it. I wouldn’t say you’re maxed out at just 7.

Anyway, for wrasse… I’d love to hear an idea of what you want (Colour, Price, Size, Behaviour, Displaying, etc.)

OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why just one wrasse? Why not 3-4?

I have a 4’x2’x20” tank that’s got 15-16 fish in it. I wouldn’t say you’re maxed out at just 7.

Anyway, for wrasse… I’d love to hear an idea of what you want (Colour, Price, Size, Behaviour, Displaying, etc.)
I could certainly do more than 1! I honestly never gave it much thought to have more than 1 since I'm not familiar with compatibility between wrasse species (I personally love flasher wrasses, esp McCosker's) I've had 6 and 8 line in previous smaller tanks and they can be pushy/nippy towards hermits although they are very pretty as well.
I like the looks of multicolored wrasses (I showed my husband a yellow Coris and that was too bland for him lol) I guess smaller size-MD as I had a huge male green bird wrasse and although impressive, I felt he was just too big for the tank full grown.
my tank is pretty peaceful right now but I feel my fish could Definitely handle semi aggressive. I want a wrasse that brings some mid swimming to the tank, just cruising around. Wouldn't mind another species that was more shy if I could have more than one but Definitely want some activity in the tank. I know the melanarus would bring the type of swimming action im looking for.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230804_141916.jpg

I have a melanarus and a very large and fat target spot mandarin in my 70 gallon, no issues

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back