Mattgsa 315 gallon build

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Blond Nazo is a nice fish, it is on my list of fish to get.
He’s a big guy too. I think it was good I didn’t get the Achilles, I have a powder blue already ,

Attachments

• 39062885-9D55-4AC9-89DC-A05F2EFE6A94.jpeg
    39062885-9D55-4AC9-89DC-A05F2EFE6A94.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered some live rock. I'm going to keep it in the sump and not in the display. I just think it's a good thing to have. I only ordered 20 lb's, but I think it is enough to seed the tank nicely. Being in the sump any unwanted guest will be trapped in the sump. (For the most part.) I will deal with the hitchhikers as they come. The way I see it, they will get in there eventually. It's all part of the fun in reef keeping.

1612388323904.png

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered some live rock. I'm going to keep it in the sump and not in the display. I just think it's a good thing to have. I only ordered 20 lb's, but I think it is enough to seed the tank nicely. Being in the sump any unwanted guest will be trapped in the sump. (For the most part.) I will deal with the hitchhikers as they come. The way I see it, they will get in there eventually. It's all part of the fun in reef keeping.

1612388323904.png
You getting this from tampa bay?

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You getting this from tampa bay?
I really wanted to get it from Tampa, but I went to their site, and they quit taking or fulfilling orders due to covid. So after a little research, I went to KP Aquatics. They had great reviews, and great pricing, not to mention no extra charge for shipping.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something, else, my Neptun dos just quit doing water changes. I have no idea why. I'm wondering if I have to connect it to the FFM module or something. Because right now it shows online but does nothing.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted to get it from Tampa, but I went to their site, and they quit taking or fulfilling orders due to covid. So after a little research, I went to KP Aquatics. They had great reviews, and great pricing, not to mention no extra charge for shipping.
You should post some photos and descriptions of what you get when the rock comes in. Are you going to do some sort of QT inspection process with it? Holding tank to get the mantis shrimp or whatever goodies you might get?

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should post some photos and descriptions of what you get when the rock comes in. Are you going to do some sort of QT inspection process with it? Holding tank to get the mantis shrimp or whatever goodies you might get?
I wasn't planning on it, I was thinking about doing a high salinity dip, but I'm putting all of it in the sump, any creatures would have to survive the return pump to get into the display. I could be wrong but I was thinking some of these hitchhikers would be great in the sump. Please let me know if I'm not thinking of something.
However, I will certainly post pictures.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I was watching Reefbuilders, and I saw that he was using AcroOptices Gen II lights, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I do like the way they look. They just have a large price tag.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I've been looking at getting a different calcium reactor, since the one I ordered from Aquarium Engineering is still not here after almost 8 months. Sorry, I'm not going to wait forever. However before I cancel my order, I want to have a suitable replacement ready to order. Right now I'm looking at the Deltec CRTT Series of Calcium Reactors most likely the 1500 series. What are your thoughts?

1612539044278.png

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no experience with either the lights or the calcium reactor. All I know to help you is get the biggest calcium reactor you can.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no experience with either the lights or the calcium reactor. All I know to help you is get the biggest calcium reactor you can.
Well, this one is rated for 400 gallons, do you think I should go bigger. Because the next size up is 800 gallons.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this one is rated for 400 gallons, do you think I should go bigger. Because the next size up is 800 gallons.

When you read through build threads of established tanks so many find that the corals demands exceed their caRX size and have to dose as well or upgrade their caRX. My thought is go big and only buy once.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't planning on it, I was thinking about doing a high salinity dip, but I'm putting all of it in the sump, any creatures would have to survive the return pump to get into the display. I could be wrong but I was thinking some of these hitchhikers would be great in the sump. Please let me know if I'm not thinking of something.
However, I will certainly post pictures.
I think it is a great idea!

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally starting to get something organized,
IMG_0525.jpg

Over the weekend I also added the AFS for the fish that I ordered, not sure when they will arrive.
IMG_0523.jpg

I also noticed some what I would assume is a bacterial bloom on the bottom of the tank. I'm hoping this is a good thing
IMG_0524.jpg

Sorry the picture looks a lot better on my phone. Also I found out the live rock I ordered should be here on Wednesday. I will certainly post pictures.

OP
OP
mattgsa

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That organization stuff is no fun to do, but man it always feels good to have it done.

Can't wait to see pics of the rock. Who did you order from again??
KP Aquatics, I wanted to order them from Tampa bay but they are not taking orders due to covid.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back