Matts 500 gallon

Wow, looks like you run a fish store lol

That'd b awesome. However I usually just trade with folks local n sell a few pieces a month. Keeps me among other reefers. My goal is to make enough to pay for the salt!

.............stay thirsty my friend.
 
For Bear, (Matt is channeling me now haha)
"
I did load up a large BRS reactor with carbon this morning and even though my N04 still tests 0 it looks like an algae bloom is on the horizon. I'm beginning to start seeing air bubbles break off of all of the LR in the tank and just a small film developing on them."

you have been "hoisted by your own petard!" (lifted by your own fart,if your not sure lol)
You are running an algae scrubber hence you have lower doc's, introducing a new large batch of carbon... oops, carbons biggest first grab is oxygen, this is quickly reduced by organic's fouling the micropores, second big grab is C02, mix gently and you have a ph spike and an oxygen depleted situation, its pretty short and you probably missed it. The bubbles sprouting from the rock is oxygen being drawn into the depleted water column, this should resolve on its own very quickly. Its a new age in the tank game and odd and strange events will become more common. This message brought to you by Flounder in a Can a da:blah:
 
Matt is still alive and well. You can find him on Facebook or if you want his contact info feel free to message me.
 
I got on reef sanctuary today and saw you were banned! I didn't know what was goin on, I hadn't been on there in awhile. I was just wondering how everything was goin.


Mike Hayes
 
Why not hang out here? :D
 
I love the activity but it moves so quick I struggle to keep up.

sarcasm follows me.......
 
No excuse!! Now update your tank thread or no soup for you! LOL!
 
Cha ching! Added a brs dual reactor to help with algae in the frag tanks. I love it too. Disconnected the calc reactor after the co 2 got stuck and wiped out most my sps (and killed the disappearing Condi)
u2e5y8y9.jpg

40b office tank
2ezu7y8a.jpg

jejaheza.jpg


sarcasm follows me.......
 
Looking good bro!

How do you like having an office tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new