Matt’s SR-60 NUVOlution

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50C0EB76-DDDB-4464-B2AB-70D85BD5B60D.jpeg

The NUVO 30L has been great but its time for something larger.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! This will be the thread for the new Innovative Marine SR-60. I have been extremely happy with my NUVO 30L but had been toying with the idea of an ”upgrade”. So when my LFS told me about a deal on the SR60 another customer was upgrading from, it felt right.

For anyone that has followed my 30L, this tank will be pretty much the same. Its basically the big brother to the 30l and i will be using the APS stand, styled just like my 30l was.

The tank is approximately 2 years and is in great condition. Only two spots of the film pealed on the back from light mounts. Anyone with an aio probably understands what I'm talking about. My 30l rear film is far worse.

The APS stand.....well it needed a bit of help. Unfortunately the previous owner painted it white.Nothing against a white stand but its not my thing and the quality of the paint job did not meet my standards. Its been a lot of sanding but its finally smooth enough I can repaint it. I also made a floor out of 3/4” plywood and built a box that will be my control center/cord management system. It doesn‘t look like much now but I will have it presentable soon.

D7D0C8FB-C7F8-4598-AAEF-1CFDF5AD2C85.jpeg
0ED97F40-9CA1-425C-8C8E-CFB00937ECDE.jpeg
F1450225-E901-437E-99E5-BDA843FAA3A7.jpeg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone knows what im doing wrong to make my pictures load sideway please let me know. They are normal on my device but post side ways.

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on using the Full size Ghost skimmer and IM UV sterilizer that came with the tank. I will also be using a nylon sock on one overflow and bonded filter floss on the uv side overflow. If the ghost isn’t satisfactory i will swap it to the CAD Loghts PLS-50 Elite V2 from the 30L.

I will also be transferring the 2- 1600gph Hygger wave makers over. Possibly adding the Aqamai KPM I have in the closet if I need more flow but I really like how sleek the Hyggers are.

Heres where I’m torn. I wanted to transfer the Aquastation DC2500 return and add a second as my returns. Unfortunately that pump is no longer available so I ordered 2 Jebao DCS-2500 (660gph each) return pumps while they were in stock. After that I started wondering if I should just stick with the 2 stock ac return pumps And save the $.

Would you guys run the stock pumps or the Jebaos?

I will also be using a finnex 200w titanium heater and continue dosing kalk but probably upgrade to a Kamoer X1 dosing pump.

I will also be dosing All-for-Reef now that I've gotten my hands on it!

The Caribsea shapes rock will transfer over and i may add another piece if needed.

Sand will probably be Caribsea fiji pink or reef grade.

dqwest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think you will need to rethink your light mount?

OP
OP
Whisnantrider

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do think I will end up having to raise it a bit but it is mounted so high on the 30l now that it lights the entire sump as well as some over spill so it may be fine, I won’t know until I can get the tank I place to see it. I may also need to replace the pipes extending from the wall for slightly longer ones but it depends on how close I can get the new tank to the wall. The 30l is a good 3 inches from the wall which I don’t plan on doing for this tank.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back