Maxspect battery backup

qnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydros can control your gyre. It also provides power so that you can eliminate your power bricks. And then you can use the Icecap battery back-up on the Hydros.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased battery backup for my gyres from Reefbreeders. They still sell them

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the release of the new battery backup? I’m looking for a backup solution for an xf330.

Everyone is off for holiday the next couple of days, but I am pretty sure they were delivered to our warehouse. I received an email notification of your post that I am hanging onto as a reminder, so I will check on Thursday with the team and follow up to confirm!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on the release of the new battery backup? I’m looking for a backup solution for an xf330.

I heard back from headquarters that they just arrived today, so they'll probably be live on the site next week. We still need to place them into inventory, write an updated product description, probably shoot new photos, etc.

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for your support. Sorry that we do not manufacture nor sell backup battery, as you know, it has a high requirement on the safety issue in manuafacturing and transporting batteries. But some of our distributors may be selling them, such as Coralvue in USA, and please kindly check with them.
[/QUOTE
I don’t understand the reason. Was it discontinued because you could attain the safety requirements for them? Just curious before I go searching for battery back up for my two gyre 250’s

Bruce17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is off for holiday the next couple of days, but I am pretty sure they were delivered to our warehouse. I received an email notification of your post that I am hanging onto as a reminder, so I will check on Thursday with the team and follow up to confirm!
I’m needing some for my two gyre 250’s as well.

blazerino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard back from headquarters that they just arrived today, so they'll probably be live on the site next week. We still need to place them into inventory, write an updated product description, probably shoot new photos, etc.
Great! Looking forward to picking one up for my new build.

Do you have any preliminary info on them you would be able to share such as battery type, estimated run time, price etc.?

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you have any preliminary info on them you would be able to share such as battery type, estimated run time, price etc.?

I don't have product details as of this moment, but I am sure it will be provided to me shortly so I can write an updated product description (if that's necessary). And unless something has changed, it looks to me that the version 2 is the exact same price as the version 1 which is $129.99.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Description hasn't been updated yet, but the product page is live. It's the same price as the V1.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these work with the Maxspect Gyres too?
I'd like to know that answer too. I see a new model(3.0) is coming out. It says it works with all Maxspect Gyres. If I were selling something to make money I'd want to make as much as I could(the American dream right) so it would be nice to have a LIST of what pumps work with these instead of a vague statement that says works with most pumps.
If it does work with all Maxspect Gyres is it like with the MP10 it runs at reduced speed to last as long as possible?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know that answer too. I see a new model(3.0) is coming out. It says it works with all Maxspect Gyres. If I were selling something to make money I'd want to make as much as I could(the American dream right) so it would be nice to have a LIST of what pumps work with these instead of a vague statement that says works with most pumps.
If it does work with all Maxspect Gyres is it like with the MP10 it runs at reduced speed to last as long as possible?
Hi. The backup battery power works on Maxspect pumps like his:

The normal psu voltage of Maxspect pumps is 24V;

If the backup power voltage output is between 22V and 24V,then the pump controller is working same as it is under normal psu, meaning it will not enter backup power mode in 22V to 24V psu;

If the backup power voltage output is between 12V and 22V,then the controller will enter backup power mode, and the higher the backup power voltage output is, the pump running power is closer to its power under normal mode(The pump power under 24V psu);

If the backup power voltage output is lower than 12V, the controller might enter backup power mode, but the pump is probably not running.

So please kindly have a check on the power supply unit label of the Maxspect pumps and check with Coralvue for the corresponding backup power supply unit.

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so does the v.30 icecap battery backup still need a hydros to work with the maxspect xf350 gyre?

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a battery backup for the maxspect Xf350?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back