Maxspect Gyre with Icecap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS,

I was thinking about picking up a couple of Maxspect Gyre XF250's with the Icecap controllers. Unless I am missing something, you sell both the stand alone XF250's and the Icecap units but not the power supplies.
Is this something you aren't able to carry and I would have to buy them through CoralVue? It just seems odd that I could get so close to the full package but not enough to make it work.

PeterG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS,

I was thinking about picking up a couple of Maxspect Gyre XF250's with the Icecap controllers. Unless I am missing something, you sell both the stand alone XF250's and the Icecap units but not the power supplies.
Is this something you aren't able to carry and I would have to buy them through CoralVue? It just seems odd that I could get so close to the full package but not enough to make it work.

Brew, was just looking at these myself. Unless I'm reading this wrong or looking a different setup there is a controller and a power supply listed under "What's Included"
Here's the link to what I'm looking at: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/xf250-gyre-pump-with-controller-5300-gph-maxspect.html

Actuarious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PeterG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note - The XF250 Gyre Pump Only does not include the Advanced Controller or Power Supply which is required for use.
Ah, I saw the "Pump only" option, but what would be the reason to buy a pump separately from its controller and power supply?

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power supply that comes with the controller runs 2 pumps. So you would purchase one of the pumps with the controller and one without and you would be set for the two pumps running on the one controller.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I saw the "Pump only" option, but what would be the reason to buy a pump separately from its controller and power supply?
I want to control them with my Profilux so I don't want the included controller. That is why I want the Icecap controller for them, but it doesn't come with a power supply.

PeterG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to control them with my Profilux so I don't want the included controller. That is why I want the Icecap controller for them, but it doesn't come with a power supply.

PROFILUX = way beyond my abilities at this point. Same with Apex. Just made the leap to ATO (Tunze 3155).

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS,

As of right now, you are correct. In order to power the IceCap Interface after purchasing the Gyre pump on it's own, you would have to contact CoralVue to source the power source separately. (It looks like they have the Maxspect Gyre Power Supply in-stock, but there is a disclaimer that says it doesn't include the power cable which I'm looking into as well so you may have to call them or send a ticket in to see if both are available. This may be something you could also pickup from an electronics store as well.)_

I'm not entirely sure why this isn't something we carry, so I've sent an inquiry to our new product team to see if we're looking into bringing these in individually. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of right now, you are correct. In order to power the IceCap Interface after purchasing the Gyre pump on it's own, you would have to contact CoralVue to source the power source separately. (It looks like they have the Maxspect Gyre Power Supply in-stock, but there is a disclaimer that says it doesn't include the power cable which I'm looking into as well so you may have to call them or send a ticket in to see if both are available. This may be something you could also pickup from an electronics store as well.)_

I'm not entirely sure why this isn't something we carry, so I've sent an inquiry to our new product team to see if we're looking into bringing these in individually. :)
Thanks for the confirmation on that. I do see they have both the power supply's and cords in stock so I know I can do that if I pull the trigger on this. It would just be nice if you guys could carry the complete package for this solution. Hope you are able to!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back