maxspect gyre xf250

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On black friday, i picked up the doorbuster maxspect gyre xf250 controller/pump bundle. With the announcement of the 300 series, how long do you think you will carry the single 250 pump only? I may not be able to pick the single up tll the end of january. maybe mid feb.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only show one more shipment that is scheduled to arrive within the next few days. That and what we have in stock now will likely last a couple of months, but isn't something I can guarantee. Let me check with our product team when they are back in the office tomorrow to see if they have any more details.

jonnyeatworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only show one more shipment that is scheduled to arrive within the next few days. That and what we have in stock now will likely last a couple of months, but isn't something I can guarantee. Let me check with our product team when they are back in the office tomorrow to see if they have any more details.

Is there a release date for the 300 series?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like we're expecting to receive the 300 series pumps towards the end of February. That could change as we don't have firm pricing/release date. We're expecting the 200 series models to be discontinued at that time.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
end of feb :( so far away lol i have a new gear itch

Dondante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the new pumps will be compatible with the 200 series controller.

Can you try and confirm this?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the new pumps will be compatible with the 200 series controller.

Can you try and confirm this?

At this point, I don't expect the 300 series pumps to be compatible with the 200 series controllers. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the 300 series controllers can still run a 200 series pump. Much like the 200 series controllers were compatible with the 100 series Gyre pump. CoralVue hasn't given too much in the way of details on this yet. As we get closer to the release date, we should know more and can get that info out to the community as soon as possible.

Tony Hight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to wait to purchase the 300 series when it comes out but I can't get a clear answer on its connectivity to Apex other than the current icecap modules won't work.

Any info on that front? If Apex connection will be a ways off I'll just purchase the 200 series now. Thanks!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%

Back