Maxspect Gyre XF350: advice needed

Broutilde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with Maxspect gyres XF350 here? I would need some help to figure out how to create more flow at the bottom of my tank. I have two brand new XF 350 on the same controller. They're working great I have them on pulse but the flow is not reaching the bottom of the tank underneath the gyre (tank is 400 gallons, height 28", gyres placed 2" below water line on the two ends of the tank) and some of my corals near the sandbed receive almost nothing.
I was thinking about doing a reverse flow like I did with my old gyre but can't seem to figure it out with that model
1f615.png

On the website they state that the "Alternating Mode an industry first which allows the Gyre to reverse the direction of its flow. This is especially useful in creating alternating current inside the aquarium. By swapping out one of the included reverse flow impeller on the gyre, an alternating gyre flow can be created with a single pump. The strength of the forward and reverse flow, as well as the flow duration can be easily set to achieve the desired effect. " Welp I don't see any included reverse flow impeller in my box.
Can anyone advise about what I could do to get a better flow and maybe alternating or complementing the two pumps?
Thank you
E.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 XF350s on either side of a 72" tank. I think the key is making sure you have them on long enough for the gyre to create that flow along the bottom. If my pulses are too short the bottom does get a little stagnant.

symon_say

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not try what BRS recommend in BRS160, instead of setting the on pulse set then to go from 20-100% inverse in each pump, that should create a lot of movement everywhere.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using on mine one pump in pulse and the other one is on random at level 80 and i like it a lot.

@symon_say... can you please share the link of that video of BRS with the program? I don't seem to find it.

Thanks...

Ultra Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t believe they come with a separate impeller, you just disassemble it and reverse the impeller inside. You can also try moving the pump down some from the water line.

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry... I found it...

Thought the programming was directly with the Maxpect Controller but it is connected to the APEX. I have the APEX but really wanted to have it separate from the APEX.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you connect the xf350 to the apex? I have 2 wave engines and use that.. but i also have issue with some dead spots.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back