Maxspect ICV6

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a razor x on the way and purchased and ICV6 to go with it so I can control it from my phone. Is there a way to sync my gyre up to it as well? I've seen a video from coralvue where they show an app (assuming SynaG) controlling multiple gyres.

I've setup the app on my phone but can't get it to recognize my gyre controller.

Anyone have any experience with this?

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, the Gyre's are not compatible with the ICV6. (Not at this time, at least - and I've not heard anything myself about them formally committing to delivering it, either.)

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I just have to wait then and hope they make them compatible.

Just seems odd that they would show the demo of it working in the video but not actually put it into practice.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a razor x on the way and purchased and ICV6 to go with it so I can control it from my phone. Is there a way to sync my gyre up to it as well? I've seen a video from coralvue where they show an app (assuming SynaG) controlling multiple gyres.

I've setup the app on my phone but can't get it to recognize my gyre controller.

Anyone have any experience with this?
I have the razor X and a gyre as well. Have the ICV6, and plan on setting it up this week.
a68d3fd2ea4a79487fb1208c45e50ac7.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The early marketing material had mention of gyre support soon, I think that has since been removed. Supposedly it's still being worked on, but good luck getting any information out of Maxspect.

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect has released a new app version for Android and iOS 2 days ago. The changelog says:

"Added Gyre Easy Setup Function Support"

However, there is no mentioning how to pair Gyre controller and ICV6. I have raised a ticket with Maxspect and will let you know once I receive any valuable feedback.

Or does anyone here know how to do it?

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect has released a new app version for Android and iOS 2 days ago. The changelog says:

"Added Gyre Easy Setup Function Support"

However, there is no mentioning how to pair Gyre controller and ICV6. I have raised a ticket with Maxspect and will let you know once I receive any valuable feedback.

Or does anyone here know how to do it?

I don’t think the gyre controllers work with the ICV6.

Just the lights and duo pump.

But I may be wrong.

I have it controlling my light now. I don’t see anywhere in the software to pair w a gyre.

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it was announced by them a while ago that XF-200 and ICV6 would be pair-able in the future. Also, I fail to see what else the quoted changelog entry could mean...

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it was announced by them a while ago that XF-200 and ICV6 would be pair-able in the future. Also, I fail to see what else the quoted changelog entry could mean...

Hmmmmm. I will check it out more when I get home this evening. I agree, it’s what they said!

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said earlier today a few posts above yours - yes, there is an update, but there is no mentioning how exactly it works. So if anyone manages to find out, please share your findings.

As said, I opened a ticket with their support, but no response so far.

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried connecting to my Gyre through the app and it's not showing up. Maybe it's still a work in progress or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it would obviously be required to put the Gyre controller and the ICV6 into some sort of pairing mode that allows the XF-200 to connect to the ICV6. Presumably there is some sort of (so far undocumented) key-press combination on the XF-200 in order to put it into that pairing mode, or it requires a still-to-be-released firmware update.

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been able to figure anything out for a gyre?

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect finally answered to my ticket, and it's quite positive news.

First of all, and as I already suspected, a firmware update for the XF-200 controller is needed in order to be able to connect it to ICV6. The firmware update v2.0, along with a documentation how to perform it, can be downloaded from www.maxspect.com (navigate to Software -> Firmware Update).

The process of adding the Gyre controller to ICV6 (and thus to the app) is pretty much straight-forward. Assuming that you already have an ICV6 and use it to control your lights, you just have to click the "Plus" button that you also already used back when you added your light. The Gyre controller will show up immediately. Please note that you need to add an additional Group for the Gyre controller, i.e. you cannot add it to the group that you already have for your light(s). Before you do that, the Gyre controller will be listed as "Ungrouped Device", but you can already control it in that state.

Finally, when you are on the app's page where you can control the pumps, you will probably notice that you can only select from the various Presets, which you can also modify if you want, but the button for Advanced Controlling is greyed-out. According to the document that Maxspect sent me, this is a limitation with the current app version. It's under development, so we will hopefully see this in the next version of the app.

Happy pumping! :D

Last edited:

sdejesus4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the icv6 work with the xf230 controller that is controling two xf130 gyres?

Buck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this? Is there custom programming yet? Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back