Maxspect ICV6

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to follow the description on the Maxspect download site to the letter:

For Firmware update, Micro SD Card has to be formatted firstly on Windows system, Format:FAT 32, Allocation Unit Size:4096

Especially the Sector Size was important for me. Normally, this is determined by Windows automatically when formatting a SD Card, and it depends on the card's size. But you can change it in the format dialogue, and for me it worked only after I changed that value to 4096 (was 8192 before).

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to follow the description on the Maxspect download site to the letter:

Especially the Sector Size was important for me. Normally, this is determined by Windows automatically when formatting a SD Card, and it depends on the card's size. But you can change it in the format dialogue, and for me it worked only after I changed that value to 4096 (was 8192 before).

That’s odd. I didn’t have to do any of that. Maybe my card was preformatted out of the package? Or as you said Windows did it automatically for me.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mta_morrow

Just updated my RSX and my ICV6. It was a bit confusing at first but it seems to have worked.

ICV6
Hardware version 1.0
Firmware version 1.7

RSX
Hardware version 1.0
Firmware version 2.1

Get the firmware from here http://www.maxspect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=493&lang=en

ICV6 - I just inserted the microSD card and rebooted it, it seemed to do it automatically

To update the RSX though you have to insert the microSD card and then follow the directions in the manual.
Page 13 English is where it shows you how to update the RSX. http://www.maxspect.com/download/Maxspect_RSX_User_Manual_v2.0.pdf
Thanks for the reply! Working on it all now.

reefertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb question, but I see in previous post works on all gyre. Does that include the old xf150?

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm. I will check it out more when I get home this evening. I agree, it’s what they said!
I just purchased the Maxspect ICV6 controller and two gyre XF 330 pumps. Trying to get it to connect to my 2.4 ghz router. I cannot her the ICV6 to go into pairing mode. The SYNA-G app can see it but the controller will not show the flashing lights to indicate it will pair. Cannot figure it out. After several hours I decided maybe fellow reefers might have a solution.

mdrobc13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Maxspect ICV6 controller and two gyre XF 330 pumps. Trying to get it to connect to my 2.4 ghz router. I cannot her the ICV6 to go into pairing mode. The SYNA-G app can see it but the controller will not show the flashing lights to indicate it will pair. Cannot figure it out. After several hours I decided maybe fellow reefers might have a solution.
I got mine working with my two Gyre XF250 and XF280 pumps but not thru my 2.4g Router via the ICv6. Couldn't get it to pair via wireless but was able to do it using my phone using the 2nd option. Worked and able to control my pumps now easily and select the Ocean Gyre program which works best for my flow. Note I had to update my firmware though to 2.2 on my main Gyre controller 1st before it would recognize my pumps.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is insane...
I bought my ICV6 and installed it 12-15-19 to control my two year old XF280 series Gyre's. The controller is using firmware 2.0.

The main reason for this is I cant stand the tiny unreadable screen on the controler, the pain in the butt combination of button pushing and dial spinning on the Gyre controller.

I have wanted to alter the flow patterns but never did after I got the Gyre's set the first time. The display is way to small and learning the pattern of multi action buttons and dial turning, for me was over the top, and should be more user friendly.

Anyway after reading several reviews and hearing about the connection issues and lack of instructions and or videos, I made sure to have two hours or so of free time to mess with the setting up of the ICV6.

Hell I was done in less than ten minutes through my combination 2.4, 5G Wi-Fi router, and Android phone.
It was the simplest install so far of any of my aquarium Wi-Fi gear.
Now I am able to change up my Gyres in seconds as I can see what I am doing.

To all those who have problems (Usually always me) when it comes to Wi-Fi connected equipment I, recommend the ICV6.
My steps.
Downloaded the APP on the phone.
Checked the 200 series controller for the correct firmware by cycling the power, watched the tiny display on boot up. (Missed it the first time.) My controller had the required 2.0 firmware.
Mounted and plugged in the ICV6, gave it two full minutes to fully boot up.
Started the App on my phone, followed the prompts and was completely in control of my Gyres. Started everything at 4:53PM and was changing flow patterns by 5:02PM
So 9 minuets.
(Correction I did download the app right after I order the ICV6 so that took a few minuets, so that time was not included.)

So like I said this was insane on how simple the install was.

Last edited:

AleMr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is possible setup gyre for 0-10% over ICV6 ? i have gyre 330 and its so strong my 40G

Kevan Sharp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a quick check on my Syna-G app. I have twin 330's on my 100 gal tank.
The app will not let me go lower than 30% (on the ICV6).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back