Maxspect ICV6

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the app was updated (actually already quite a while ago) to support all Gyre programming options that are available via ICV6. Works very well for me.

Buck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Yes, the app was updated (actually already quite a while ago) to support all Gyre programming options that are available via ICV6. Works very well for me.
Thanks for the update. I was waiting to purchase until after the programming was available. I have to sit on the floor to get to my contoller so it just runs random. Now i can program it correctly. Thanks again

Buck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Thanks for the update. I was waiting to purchase until after the programming was available. I have to sit on the floor to get to my contoller so it just runs random.

mcjca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Maxspext Gyre xf230. I updated firmware to 2.0 and it does not show up in the app and I am not able to get WiFi on the controller to turn on. It says to hold the power button for 2 seconds and it just shuts off the device.

Am I missing some module? Or some direction here?

Thanks .

mcjca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give this a watch, see if it clears anything up?

Appreciate you posting this.

They didn't mention that it works with the Gyre series so I will need to make sure that it does before I buy it. Anyone using it with the XF230??

I really hope at some point it will work with the Apex without having to pay 300 extra dollars.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work with XF230 gyres, I'm using the ICV6 right now with both of them through the Syna-G app:

icv6_gyres
by Kyl, on Flickr

I picked the ICV6 up specifically to avoid buying interface modules since they're pretty expensive, and I'm hedging that the support through Apex eventually arrives. Right now I just have alternating profiles running, but it's much easier to change via the app now than having to muck around with the controller. It would also cost another $100 in a VDM module since my lights and SW-4's have filled the 0-10v ports.

mcjca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They work with XF230 gyres, I'm using the ICV6 right now with both of them through the Syna-G app:

icv6_gyres
by Kyl, on Flickr

I picked the ICV6 up specifically to avoid buying interface modules since they're pretty expensive, and I'm hedging that the support through Apex eventually arrives. Right now I just have alternating profiles running, but it's much easier to change via the app now than having to muck around with the controller. It would also cost another $100 in a VDM module since my lights and SW-4's have filled the 0-10v ports.

Kyl, thank you so much. This is great news. I am in the same boat as you. I did not want to by the two controllers. I recently got the Apex EL (my first Apex) and purchased the VDM box that I am not yet using but wanted the flexibility down the line. Still saved 200 over the full Apex and just missing out on Salinity and ORP , both of which I don't care about on the Apex. Here is to hoping the Gyres will work down the line with the Apex (via wifi).

A couple of things as I checked out your Flickr album. I am going to have to steal your cabinet "hinge" design. I have virtually the same plug board in my cabinet (right side on the Red Sea Reefer 350). I have it shimmed up at the moment to hold it in until I thought of how I would be able to mount it but still have access to the back if needed. Brilliant Idea.
Also, I am going to try out your Gyre program as I am still learning what they all mean.
Appreciate all the help.

-Mike

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm eventually re-doing that cabinet (Ikea, can't remember the name) with the brick behind, and moving the modules to the front. Didn't work as well as I thought it would with the bricks in front.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about getting the lcv6 to control my two gyre pumps. However I was wondering how your units have been working, to control your gyres?

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about getting the lcv6 to control my two gyre pumps. However I was wondering how your units have been working, to control your gyres?

I no longer have a gyre. I swapped to Vortechs. I do still have my ICV6 to control my light though. Maybe somebody else can chime in?

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to answer, but I'm afraid I don't understand your question... :)

What exactly do you mean by "how your units have been working, to control your gyres"?

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if the controller was able to control the gyres. However coralvue released a video yesterday on it that answered my questions.

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you also could have read this thread. Your question was answered quite some time ago, mainly in #17 and #21. :)

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you really didn’t have to respond did you. You know you are the first rude person I have met on this forum. But I see you are new to the forum so I guess that explains everything .

Last edited:

BigBlue007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, just to make sure that I got this right: In your world it's rude if someone wants to answer someone else's question, but doesn't understand that question because it was already and very obviously answered very few posts above, and therefore asks what exactly the question means because he still want to help?

That's a strange world you're live in... :D

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of SD card do I need to do the update?

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Micro SD Card. My wife just went to the store to pick one up for me. Not sure how it’s gonna work but I think we have to download the firmware on a pc and then transfer it to the ICV6 somehow. I’ll figure it out.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mta_morrow

Just updated my RSX and my ICV6. It was a bit confusing at first but it seems to have worked.

ICV6
Hardware version 1.0
Firmware version 1.7

RSX
Hardware version 1.0
Firmware version 2.1

Get the firmware from here http://www.maxspect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=493&lang=en

ICV6 - I just inserted the microSD card and rebooted it, it seemed to do it automatically

To update the RSX though you have to insert the microSD card and then follow the directions in the manual.
Page 13 English is where it shows you how to update the RSX. http://www.maxspect.com/download/Maxspect_RSX_User_Manual_v2.0.pdf

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back